MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

Alex_AC

I'm really new to motorcycles and maybe what I'm about to ask is kind of silly, but do I have to change the collectors if I want to fit a new exhaust? I've seen some videos on youtube where some people change their exhausts without changing the collectors (in other bikes have to say). Is this possible with the MT-07 or do we have to pay the extra? I really like the short version of the arrow and if it would be possible I'd buy it right away :p

Thanks guys!

MeanMachine

It's possible yes, but I would advise against it. The standard exhaust on the MT07 is a complete system fully welded together. So in order to use a slip on (rear muffler only) you would have to cut the standard exhaust and buy some extra piping. So possible yes, advisable no.

Alex_AC

It's possible yes, but I would advise against it. The standard exhaust on the MT07 is a complete system fully welded together. So in order to use a slip on (rear muffler only) you would have to cut the standard exhaust and buy some extra piping. So possible yes, advisable no.
Thanks for your advise :) I think I'll wait until I manage to save some money. BTW, I've found the collectors+pipe for 551 € + postage (15 € to Spain) in an italian web. I won't post it in order not to spam, but if anyone is interested just let me know :)

Hobbsy

Wow, what a thread..! Just read a whole load of stuff I didn't know about exhausts..! Now i'm thinking i might opt to not have ABS and go for a Akrapovic pipe instead..! Thats right, style before safety..! lol

gmdeboer

Does anyone know where to buy a new DB-killer for the akrapovic exhaust? I've modified it a bit too much. Now I'd like to buy a new one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzor

Wow, what a thread..! Just read a whole load of stuff I didn't know about exhausts..! Now i'm thinking i might opt to not have ABS and go for a Akrapovic pipe instead..! Thats right, style before safety..! lol

Just how I used to think....before I had kids.

The ABS is roughly half the price of the Akra system.

EDIT: Just noticed you're a fairly new rider and not used to more power.....are you really sure you want to ignore the potential benefits of ABS? I've been riding quite a few years without it and am sure some of the nasty accidents I've had would have been avoided or maybe less severe if I had ABS.

I thought I'd try at least to temper your thinking :)

To each their own I suppose.

Last edited:

Phil_B

The Leo Vince is here! I found this online.

[video=youtube;wjnNqIT3n8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjnNqIT3n8w&list=UUKnKnhFne7ZvC3rPYByBNxg[/video]

If anyone can find some vids with the DB killer that would be good. So far, it sounds AWESOME to my ear.

Last edited:

dazzor

The Leo sounds superb in that (very short) video. Best so far I think, not sure.

I'm undecided on looks. How much can this be got for? Also, will fitting this (with a cat if it comes with one?) void warranties?

afwestpunk

the leo and akro sound pretty good without restriction but still waiting to hear the final product from Two Bros. (sound/vid clip was supposed to be out monday but has been delayed

Phil_B

The Leo sounds superb in that (very short) video. Best so far I think, not sure.

I'm undecided on looks. How much can this be got for? Also, will fitting this (with a cat if it comes with one?) void warranties?
All questions I'd like to know the answer to, and a longer video with and without db killer would be great too.

There is still no info on the Leo Vince site about this exhaust so it's a waiting game.......

motomeek

Seems like I'm pretty late to the party. I haven't even gone through all the pages of mods on this thread yet. Anyway, thought I'd add this in...

I've mentioned in my intro that I've acquired the Yoshimura exhaust and fender eliminator.

Here's what I said in my post:
"Here are two pics I have. This is the close up the exhaust.
This one has a carbon tip, but I can't answer really any of the other details since that isn't something they shared with me.
I can only think that they would be comparable to the FZ-09 prices (which are $895 US for this one, and $995 US for the full carbon)

Installation was done by a professional, so I can't really say much on it. The sound is great, but I've only had the pleasure of hearing what it sounds like with the baffle in.
Since this is part of their race series, knowing me, they placed it in so I wouldn't cause too much of a ruckus on the streets.

With the baffle in, it has a nice deep rumble. I wish I could post a video, but any video I've tried to take doesn't do it justice.

Here's a side view that shows the fender eliminator.

The installation of this was done by a professional as well, but I had to put the license plate on myself. The brackets that hold the lights use the same screws and bolts that keep the license plate and frame together. Having an extra hand to hold the light bracket to the frame while placing the screws in made the job easier; I was having a tough time keeping the pieces together when I tried to do it myself. Going off FZ-09 prices, this goes for about $130 US."

Now it has yet to be released except for I did spot the fender eliminator on Revzilla for a discounted price of $106, but they're currently out of stock.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

motomeek

I had my bike in for R&D for Yoshimura to create the exhaust and fender eliminator for the FZ/MT-07.

I can only assume they are in production, but have not yet released it yet. Just letting everyone know that there's another option out there that will show up sometime in the future.

Igor

Ordered my Ixil X55 exhaust system and finally got it fitted this week (laughably simple to install, took me less than 1 hour to remove the old system and fit the ixil) Was going to try it with the baffles removed but it's so damn loud with the DB killer in!

It gives a really deep rumble at low revs.

IMG_1134.jpg
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1136.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg