MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

TWYNNE

Hi All,

RE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMFf3Apm8M

[video=youtube;iUMFf3Apm8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMFf3Apm8M[/video]

I don't like the standard sound of the MT-07, I just expected more and yeah maybe it is a superficial thing but I want it sounding better.

What options do I have to deal with this? Options that won't effect performance and insurance; slip-ons / end-cans?

Also, with regards to essential mods I was thinking of sliders for the bars, swing arm and sides of bike plus a tail tidy. What else would you recommend?

Cheeeers!

Last edited by a moderator:

loneranger

Akrapovic exhaust is being released in April/may put that on. I drove a MT09 with one on. Its tremendous. The Mt07 version will be about £600-£700 quid. I would add a radiator cover to protect that delicate area. Again wait for the various versions to be launched. There is one on jesterbits.co.uk already for £55.

Phil_B

I am not so good with knowing the must have mods; I guess it comes down to personal taste. Those you and Loneranger have suggested sound sensible.

Have you heard the bike in person and whilst you're riding it?

I dont think that video does it justice. There is a bit more bass to it and a nice mix of induction and exhaust sound. I would give it a chance before looking at new exhausts.

I understand the exhaust is a one piece unit, so unless someone works out some modifications for it a whole new system is likely to be needed.

loneranger

mt07 akrapovic exhaust.jpgYeah you re probably right. Before I spend another £800 quid upgrading better give the manufacturer fitted one a chance. If anyone does upgrade def go for the Akarpvoic titanium coated version, not the graphite version. This looks cool and is seriously good.

Check this one on a red version

Phil_B

That red one in a lot of the press shots is definitely tricked out!

I'm sure the Akra exhaust would be awesome; but having also watched that sound video and been a bit worried about the noise - I was quite pleasantly surprised with the stock can. :D

mrirvs

I haven't even picked mine up yet and I spend every minute browsing for goodies :)

My list so far is:

Radiator Guard (Bad Request)
Tail tidy ( Evotech are making one soon and the MT 09 one looks fabulous)
The small black screen

Then once I've used it this season I will start looking at pipes as I just know this engine is going to sound fabulous with the right exhaust fitted.

TWYNNE

Hi Phil_B, yep I took one out for a spin. The sound wasn't too bad but I want a meater sounding one. Thanks for the info on the one piece etc. Makes sense. Does anyone have a video of the MT-07 with a Akra fitted? I was thinking standard can for 1st year, get ncb (no claims bonus) for a year then upgrade.

Phil_B

Hi Phil_B, yep I took one out for a spin. The sound wasn't too bad but I want a meater sounding one. Thanks for the info on the one piece etc. Makes sense. Does anyone have a video of the MT-07 with a Akra fitted? I was thinking standard can for 1st year, get ncb (no claims bonus) for a year then upgrade.
Not seen a video yet, but I'd like to. I'm surpised that red one from a lot the press shots hasn't ended up in a road test video?!?

Whilst I'm inclined to keep mine standard, like a lot of the Sv650's you see/hear on youtube, I'm sure what is a decent but subtle sounding bike in standard form, will be a great sounding bike with the right exhaust. :D

mrirvs

I'll probs keep the standard pipe on until the first yearly service is done, by which time they'll be plenty of options around. I would imagine some will be put off by having to remove the whole system rather than the more usual end can only.

I see the with Akra on sale from Yamaha that the Cat is optional, so I guess more money on top of the price. I also see that in a French forum there are rumblings of LeoVince getting ready to launch an exhaust for the MT.

Long live 0% cards :)

TWYNNE

Here is a video comparing the standard MT-09 exhaust vs. a 2 Brothers Exhaust.

[video=youtube;rrm7YzXSnes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrm7YzXSnes[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

hansolo_uk

My list so far is:

Tail tidy ( Evotech are making one soon and the MT 09 one looks fabulous)
I was watching a review vid on utube from cager on 2 wheels and he said the rear light assembly can be removed - remove the alu bar bit, then rebolt the light assy on to the btm of seat (where the alu bit was bolted on) to make it look better/tidier

mrirvs

I was watching a review vid on utube from cager on 2 wheels and he said the rear light assembly can be removed - remove the alu bar bit, then rebolt the light assy on to the btm of seat (where the alu bit was bolted on) to make it look better/tidier
Nice one mate, I'm in the garage looking right now :) I'll see how easy this is and decide whether to leave it until the first service is done. I could put the saved cash towards a pipe if this works OK and looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ralph

Was passed by a 07 Tuesday wile I was in the car Nr Fleetwood
could not hear the bike at all, they are certainly very quiet on the original silencer.