MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

MeanMachine

Nice, little better sound, but without ruining the looks. Maybe I should come give you a visit to hear mine next to yours as you live not too far from me :)

busey

Yesterday I punched a +/- 1 cm hole through the exhaust pipe . Does not make the bike much louder , but there is much more bass to be heard .
Was thinking about drilling a hole down the exhaust how did you know what you were making a hole in and is the bike still running smoothly

ultradoux

Was thinking about drilling a hole down the exhaust how did you know what you were making a hole in and is the bike still running smoothly
Yes the bike still runs smoothly , you just get a little more deep sound , more like a motorbike instead of a sewing machine .
I think drilling is not going to work because of the bend in the pipe .
And on the " how did you know " question : had good results in the past with an SV and after shining a flashlight down the endpipe , I was pretty shure this was the answer to my problem .

busey

Thanks for that I have drilled the exhaust on a fazer 600 was thinking of using a tube down the exhaust to guide the drill but did not want to ruin a good exhaust but if your bike is running OK think it worth a try

rappetor

Wonder where you are actually drilling the hole in(to). Perhaps someone who has bought another exhaust is crazy enough to open the stock exhaust and make some pictures. One can always hope right? ;)

ultradoux

Thanks for that I have drilled the exhaust on a fazer 600 was thinking of using a tube down the exhaust to guide the drill but did not want to ruin a good exhaust but if your bike is running OK think it worth a try
If you don't make the hole to big I don't think you can harm the bike .
Still you are at your own risk , and only do this when the bike is used on a racetrack ;)

ultradoux

Wonder where you are actually drilling the hole in(to). Perhaps someone who has bought another exhaust is crazy enough to open the stock exhaust and make some pictures. One can always hope right? ;)
You are making a hole in the side off the endpipe . It takes a bend inside the exhaust . Use a flashlight and you'll see what I mean .

Phil_B

I'd be keeping mine to sell as a replacement in case there are any issues :)

The Fleet

Hi All,

Been following this thread for a month since i got my MT07, i only bought it to commute on as i'm killing my R1 through London every day from day one i love the MT07 but having gone from a bike with an after market to the standard pipe, i'm so shocked how invisible i am to car drivers and other bikes. My brother in law customises bikes for a living and we have been discussing drilling the can or opening it up to take a peek so will let you know. If not the cheapest one for me probably the stubby arrow unless anyone has found a cheaper one??.

Also does anyone know or can point me to how to disable the ABS specifically the rear after 1500 miles in a month it's doing my head in!!.

Cheers

P

Peter

You can not turn off rear ABS only.
The simplest way is to remove any wheel rotation sensor. The electrical way is to disconnect the plug. The mechanical is to unbolt the sensor and fix it far from the original place.

The Fleet

What is it doing?
I use the back brake alot more than most, i go through front and back bads at about a rate of two front set to a set of rears the ABS is engaging all the time under braking and feels like your toe is catchinging something on the engin.....just annoying.

sdrio

I use the back brake alot more than most, i go through front and back bads at about a rate of two front set to a set of rears the ABS is engaging all the time under braking and feels like your toe is catchinging something on the engin.....just annoying.
Fair enough.

I find the back brake a bit spongy, but as far as I know have never set the ABS off at either end.

Irksome

I'm the same The Fleet ... and yes it really does feel like your toe has caught the ground or something ... but I'm getting used to it now! In fact I imagine its saving me a bit of tyre wear as the rear isn't actually locking up.

SixaxiS007

Just seconds ago I've got a message from Yamaha dealer regarding LeoVince Underbody Evo II exhaust system, and it says:
"Delivery for Poland is scheduled for the end of July. Next delivery will be at the end of August, because of the factory vacation time" - so hurry up!
I've ordered mine already! I was thinking of Akrapovic, but the delivery time is around 4 weeks. Hopefully Leo will arrive earlier.
And besides the delivery time I don't think Akra is worth all this money.
Retail price of Leo is 719€, but I think it can be found a bit cheaper. This way or another, my Yadzia will be fitted with Leo Vince Underbody Evo II.
I whish I could have Two Brothers Racing (USA) exhaust system on, but they are producing their S1R full system only for MT-09.
Maybe in the future 2BR will have the MT-07 system, but till then I'll stay with Leo V.

Last edited: