MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

cosmikdebriis

To be honest. It doesn't actually show you very much at all and there's no explanation/sound track to help.
No mention of how or where the mounting points for the original system are or how and where he mounts the replacement silencer. No view at all of the lambda sensor (if his has one)

Of course this could just be sour grapes though I think my description is a little more informative ;-)

gmdeboer

Hi there. I did some modifications to my DB-killer (akrapovic). If you think your exhaust is too loud without baffler, but too soft with, this may be something for you!

I removed the DB killer and cut both sides of it (see sketch). Then I drilled a hole (ø6.5mm) on the front side of the exhaust, for easy access/removal of the DB killer (see photo). Works like a charm!foto2.jpg

foto.jpg
(photo is upside down)

Last edited:

bones

so whats the sound like with the modified db killer ?
Hi there. I did some modifications to my DB-killer (akrapovic). If you think your exhaust is too loud without baffler, but too soft with, this may be something for you!

I removed the DB killer and cut both sides of it (see sketch). Then I drilled a hole (ø6.5mm) on the front side of the exhaust, for easy access/removal of the DB killer (see photo). Works like a charm!View attachment 540

View attachment 541
(photo is upside down)

Gr8stdane

Anyone tried modifying the stock exhaust yet? It has plenty of power for me, and I really like the gold color of the stock exhaust, just want a bit more growl. I haven't made it to 600 mi service so don't want to mess with anything yet, but I can only assume a few well placed holes with a long drill bit should be just about right.

gmdeboer

so whats the sound like with the modified db killer ?
So far all the videos I've seen give the wrong impression. Nevertheless, I'll post a video soon.

I can tell you the scale of noise from 1-10 for several situations:

Original exhaust Yamaha: 1
Akrapovic with DB killer: 3
Akrapovic without killer:10
Akrapovic killer mod: 7

bones

So far all the videos I've seen give the wrong impression. Nevertheless, I'll post a video soon.

I can tell you the scale of noise from 1-10 for several situations:

Original exhaust Yamaha: 1
Akrapovic with DB killer: 3
Akrapovic without killer:10
Akrapovic killer mod: 7

Sounds perfect mate
And is it a pleasing tone and run ok ?

gmdeboer

I like the tone very much. Especially in low gear with start/stops. There's a French guy who did the same thing with his akrapovic. He cut the DB killer as well (inside tube approximately 1"). He posted some video's on YouTube:

For sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOFTbtBOscQ

Modification:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZ40YmjccU

I did the same as him except I also cut the visible pipes and turned the killer 180 degrees (because of the bolt location).

Last edited:

mellanslag

Anyone tried modifying the stock exhaust yet? It has plenty of power for me, and I really like the gold color of the stock exhaust, just want a bit more growl. I haven't made it to 600 mi service so don't want to mess with anything yet, but I can only assume a few well placed holes with a long drill bit should be just about right.
I'd also like to know this. Although I'd like to get an Akrapovic system, spending over 1150 euros on an exhaust system for a bike that costs 6500 brand new just doesn't feel right somehow. There are sooo many other nice things that can be done for 1000 euros, and you'd get plenty of gasmoney to spare.

Phil_B

I'd also like to know this. Although I'd like to get an Akrapovic system, spending over 1150 euros on an exhaust system for a bike that costs 6500 brand new just doesn't feel right somehow. There are sooo many other nice things that can be done for 1000 euros, and you'd get plenty of gasmoney to spare.
This was my kind of logic too.

That Leo Vince posted looks pretty darn sweet however. I hope the final system looks that good!

Am I alone in this?

da1kini

This was my kind of logic too.

That Leo Vince posted looks pretty darn sweet however. I hope the final system looks that good!

Am I alone in this?
No! I agree, lets hope that the Leo Vince ppl doesn't get greedy and charge like €800-900 for it! Lets say that they sell it for €450-550 then I would definitely buy one!

ultradoux

Yesterday I punched a +/- 1 cm hole through the exhaust pipe . Does not make the bike much louder , but there is much more bass to be heard .

ultradoux

Where did you make that hole? pics pls and video of sound!
[video=youtube;pJFoYIv0kNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJFoYIv0kNE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I used a 1 cm thick steel rod , with a point like a screwdriver , stuck it in the rear of the exhaust and used a hammer to drive it through the side of the endpipe .

ex.jpg