MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

Will145

So how loud was it will ?
I tried to remove the baffles today but it's a rediculously stupid design and need to remove the exhaust again to do it !!!
I paid £680
For mine but where I got it from are not intending to sell it at that price again
It would certainly get heads turning at bike meets, unlike the standard can. It was on their demonstrator although they've said no one has test ridden it with that can on yet.... I should have asked if I could have a cheeky go. The sales manger said the sound would be lingering on my mind and he was right..,..

cosmikdebriis

Arrow Exhaust and home made Tail tidy

Some pictures of my bike with Arrow exhaust fitted ("Shortie" style) and home made tail tidy.

How To with pictures coming shortly. The easy way... and the better way...

Shame about the full size number plate but that's next on the list (Indicator width is also adjustable to suit any size plate).

dazzor

Looking very nice!

Over last few weeks, quite a few petals have fallen off the Akrapovic offering for me. The ridiculously difficult to swap out db killer being my prime issue; is it a simple affair on the arrow solution?

Also, I take this is full system? What was the total cost?

Apologies if you've covered all this previously.

Thanks

Darren

cosmikdebriis

Cost me a few pence short of five hundred quid delivered from Italy (Ebay). Complete system, came in two boxes taped together and took about a week to turn up. Full tracking info given so no problems there.

Pretty easy to fit and as already mentioned I'll ad a how to soon. I'm going to add a way of taking the db killers in and out without needing any tools. Should be a simple mod

Here's a video though it is recorded on my mobile so quality is a bit crap. Sounds way better in real life.

[video=youtube_share;30yC8KXu__g]http://youtu.be/30yC8KXu__g[/video]

dazzor

Thanks, that's really helpful. Great contribution to the forum mate, much appreciated.

I'm liking this over the Akrapovic and it costs less :)

Is this road legal in the uk? Is it coming with a cat, and, if so, does that video show it with the cat in place?

Also, is that video with the db in place too? If so, is it silly loud, make kids cry loud without it?

Cheers

D

cosmikdebriis

I'll have to get back to you on those questions though I'd expect it to be oppressively loud without DB killers as it's loud enough with them. As for legality (UK) No cat.

I've often thought it should be possible to make "variable" DB killers by having a rotating baffle in which holes lined up more and more as you rotated it. Make that controllable from the handle bars and you could wake up a few car drivers sitting in the middle of the road in traffic queues then go quiet as a church mouse past the plod.

Now... Where's my Dragons Den application form ;-)

dazzor

Excellent idea sir, put me down for your first unit off the production line. :)

Yeah, I'm not wanting anything super loud. I just want a bit of depth, raunch and rumble.

cosmikdebriis

Question, Is it true that I have to wait a 600 miles to put on an other exhaust?
I'd certainly advise waiting because once you have the new system fitted you are going to find it very hard not to rev past 5 grand. Remember.... Patience is a virtue. (or so they say).

dazzor

As you've omitted the mid-pipe do you think it will be ok in terms of the lean-angle on that side?

Asking as the design was intended to mean that silencer finished up much higher up the bike.

Cheers

D

Livestrong

I'd certainly advise waiting because once you have the new system fitted you are going to find it very hard not to rev past 5 grand. Remember.... Patience is a virtue. (or so they say).
Ok, I will do my best to wait ;-) thank you for the "how to" for the Arrow exhaust btw! Nice job!

cosmikdebriis

As you've omitted the mid-pipe do you think it will be ok in terms of the lean-angle on that side?

Asking as the design was intended to mean that silencer finished up much higher up the bike.
D
Good question... So... Either I had to go round a corner at speed or...

What I eventually thought of was. If I didn't want to bring the bike down to the road then better bring the road up to the bike.

So... I got a bit of board laid it along the line of the wheels and gradually angled it upwards to see what it hit first.

First thing...Footrest extension thingy.
Lifted up the footrest and next thing the brake pedal.
Exhaust was still clear so I'd imagine you would probably have to fall off to scrape the exhaust.

If someone wants to do the same with the original and the Akra it may prove helpful.

allyw71

Good question... So... Either I had to go round a corner at speed or...

What I eventually thought of was. If I didn't want to bring the bike down to the road then better bring the road up to the bike.

So... I got a bit of board laid it along the line of the wheels and gradually angled it upwards to see what it hit first.

First thing...Footrest extension thingy.
Lifted up the footrest and next thing the brake pedal.
Exhaust was still clear so I'd imagine you would probably have to fall off to scrape the exhaust.

If someone wants to do the same with the original and the Akra it may prove helpful.
That method might not give you a true gauge, because you are not taking into account the suspension compressing, as it does when you corner at that angle

cosmikdebriis

That method might not give you a true gauge, because you are not taking into account the suspension compressing, as it does when you corner at that angle
True but not true.

If I was quoting an angle of lean then you would be right but as the footrest, brake pedal and exhaust are all mounted on the same bit of frame and in pretty much the same location then the order of hitting would be the same as I quoted.

If we want to get technical then I also had the front wheel pointing straight ahead but in cornering it would be angled inwards which, to some extent, would counteract the suspension compressing.

In practical terms though. I can't see it being a problem.

dazzor

True but not true.

If I was quoting an angle of lean then you would be right but as the footrest, brake pedal and exhaust are all mounted on the same bit of frame and in pretty much the same location then the order of hitting would be the same as I quoted.

If we want to get technical then I also had the front wheel pointing straight ahead but in cornering it would be angled inwards which, to some extent, would counteract the suspension compressing.

In practical terms though. I can't see it being a problem.
I'm sure it's fine, it looks like it's fine, but......

Could you not get out, find some nice roads and get your elbow down and let us know how you get on? :)

Seriously though, nice job sir.

D

Thsam

Next exhaust systems for the MT-07. Worth the wait ?

Hi guys

Just joined the forum, so greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark.

I´m looking to replace the MT 07 standard exhaust with something a little louder. =)

Obviously I have been looking at both the Arrow and Akropovic systems, but my question is this.
The MT 07 is looking more and more like a really sales hit, meaning that it will probably also be a fairly interesting model for the producers of performance parts.

So which exhaust systems do you see being manufactured for the MT 07 by this time next year ?

Could it be worth the wait…

Regards Thomas

Will145

Hi guys

Just joined the forum, so greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark.

I´m looking to replace the MT 07 standard exhaust with something a little louder. =)

Obviously I have been looking at both the Arrow and Akropovic systems, but my question is this.
The MT 07 is looking more and more like a really sales hit, meaning that it will probably also be a fairly interesting model for the producers of performance parts.

So which exhaust systems do you see being manufactured for the MT 07 by this time next year ?

Could it be worth the wait…

Regards Thomas
Have a look through this thread for some ideas, it seems the MT owners that have changed their exhausts are pretty pleased with them!