MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

loneranger

I will post some more over weekend properly had the belly pans fitted at same time... I actually bought the cat for 70 quid but too be honest its not needed as an mot will not detect it any way. Ive got mine in the box just incase one day I might need it. £750 without cat is good price. you might be waiting a while though. Mine came after 5 weeks

cosmikdebriis

Just emailed "genialmotor" (an Ebay seller based in Italy) about mine and (hopefully) they will be sending me tracking details tomorrow.

Just need to do another 250 miles to get first service out of the way before I fit it.

If all goes to plan I'll make a walk thru video on Youtube of how to do the job.

bones

Are you buying your exhaust from Italy ?
Is it exactly the same as one from here road legal etc
How much you paying ?

cosmikdebriis

Damn...

Forgot to mention in my first post. I've ordered an Arrow (hence the Italian supplier). So apologies to anyone I've misled. The Akra for £500 certainly would be a bargain.

Personally I like the easy removable DB killers on the Arrow and intend to fit it "shortie" style.

loneranger

Make sure you run your bike in the 1000 miles before you fit the akra. You wont be able to control the revs with that much raw noise. It just wants to go when you've fitted the akra, so not ideal when you are below 1000 miles.

bones

Hi J dan
yeah im buying it local down here in somerset , but unfortunately they wont sell it at this price again :(

given more time and patience than i was born with you could check out caprimoto theyre doing them for 650 euros i think but would need to check the spec

bones

Well picked up
My akra today and got it fitted , easy job .

I've left the db killer in as my neighbour has a new born !!!
It's not very loud at all with it in .. Certainly louder than the stock exhaust , but quieter than expected ..
As for performance I'm not really feeling any difference ....
Will add more when I've had a proper blast

Last edited:

Gaz2212

Booked in

Getting mine fitted week on Monday, think I'll leave out the db killer

Is it wise to fit the cat to keep yam warranty, not to bothered about the emissions

bones

I would certainly try it without the db killer in .... And will when I've time to remove it
As for the cat ..... Who knows I was told it won't actually affect the warranty in real terms .....

Having just had quite a blast , I think the bike actually likes the exhaust and in a way seams more smooth and probably revs through a bit more ... Early days but certainly no major changes to performance will be interested what others think of theirs ?

loneranger

Ive refitted my baffler this morning. It was too loud with no DBkiller and not really giving an enjoyable ride experience. Now its too quiet! I've been tod you meet it halfway by cutting the 2 pipes shorter and leaving the unit in. Any ideas?

bones

loneranger please tell me more about removal and refitting of db killer as ive fitted mine with and would like to remove then maybe i can also look at the baffle arrangement
regards Paul

loneranger

basically remove the rubber gommet from the top of the main exhaust. Its near tp the right hand side of the rear wheel end. In side is a small allen screw. You can only see it with a small mirrot if you have one. I borrowed the wifes. Undo it... Its very tricky.
When removed get some pliers and a decent kitchen cotton towel. Pull either of the two small exhaust pipes making sure you have the cloth to protect the finishing of the pipes. Its pretty difficult to get out but a few twists to the left and right whilst pulling will remove it..

Putting back is in reverse order but lining up the allen screw is near impossible. I left it out and put the grommet back in. It wont go anywhere its a tight fit anyway

bones

Thanks loneranger
Will try it one evening
I must admit the exhaust sounded much better today when I went out and actually am now wondering if they have got the sound perfect .... While I love a bit more noise it can also be a pain in the butt .... What do you think about performance ?