MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

jeppebm

Id like to see that!!!!

I keep hearing about power loss after installing aftermarket exhausts with no fuel controller. Especially when you dont have the DB killers in so im wondering how bad my bike is suffering with the IXIL exhaust that i have on it right now.
The Gears

Torque

Power

The info in the video Nuggets posts, is properly NOT on the wheel even though he says so - cause mine is measured at the wheel and has 64,12HP after IXIL and PC V.

Last edited:

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi Da1
I would agree in what you say, the pipe has been sold as a Yam add-on and all tests would of been considered regarding the need for re-mapping before it went on sale, so yes you mechanic is right.
the proviso is that I will be buying the Yam pipe without the CAT and also without the DB killer fitted. this is why our dealers are telling me Remapping is the best way forward.
Those who have the db killer still in, but without the Cat probably would get away without having to re-map.
so roll on Sunday :)

Darren

After many months deliberating what exhaust to get, watching everyones youtube clips, reading peoples opinions on all the options out there I finally went for the Akrapovic. Had it fitted today and am so glad I did. It really does look good and sounds fantastic out on the country roads, it has a nice growl. What a difference from stock - no regrets....... Please see youtube clip

[video=youtube_share;wZI2rbViZMU]http://youtu.be/wZI2rbViZMU[/video]

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi Boys
well the Akra was fitted yesterday and the bike is due to be dropped off at my home today, what was rather disconcerting is that I went to the dealers to pick up the original exhaust and tail and indies to be told that although their salesman told me that a re map was not a problem and would be done with the Akra minus the DB that the computer had gone down.
this basically means the re mapping will not happen until it gets sorted, he then went on to say that they can leave the DB in while they wait for the computer....................I told them to sod off I want the DB out.
My point to this and the conversations with re-mapping does it need it or not, are the dealership were very keen to leave the DB in while the re-mapping was not done which I suppose confirms that re-mapping does not need doing to a Akra with DB in.

time will tell of course I will need to watch for any signs of the engine running lean...but to those who know what tell tail signs are their.
plugs light brown?
exhaust colour change on the headers?
your thoughts please gents

Nuggets

Hi Boys
well the Akra was fitted yesterday and the bike is due to be dropped off at my home today, what was rather disconcerting is that I went to the dealers to pick up the original exhaust and tail and indies to be told that although their salesman told me that a re map was not a problem and would be done with the Akra minus the DB that the computer had gone down.
this basically means the re mapping will not happen until it gets sorted, he then went on to say that they can leave the DB in while they wait for the computer....................I told them to sod off I want the DB out.
My point to this and the conversations with re-mapping does it need it or not, are the dealership were very keen to leave the DB in while the re-mapping was not done which I suppose confirms that re-mapping does not need doing to a Akra with DB in.

time will tell of course I will need to watch for any signs of the engine running lean...but to those who know what tell tail signs are their.
plugs light brown?
exhaust colour change on the headers?
your thoughts please gents
I'm totally surprised that your bike is being remapped at PDI by the dealer, mine turned up with Akra and they never touched the ECU, with the DB killer in or DB killer out it makes no difference to performance/fuelling and according to the technician touching the ECU was not necessary in the MT-07 or MT-09 because the ECU is sophisticated and capable enough of accounting for the akra and adjusting the fuelling to maintain the correct AFR.

Please can you ask the technician (not the salesman) exactly what they change in the ECU "remap" and why and let us all know? According to the workshop manual, the only option available through the ECU diagnostics is to adjust the CO at idle (page 8-37) which conceivably is the only thing they may change, although the ECU should take of this it's self. A ECU remap would usually be an aftermarket performance enhancement, but if your dealer is offering this and still warranting the bike because you have an Akra fitted then please let us all know so we can pester our Yamaha dealers for the same setup!

As for the lean engine, I very much doubt you should have any concern as the ECU corrects the AFR automatically and you have to be making some pretty drastic modifications (i.e. stage 2 air filter as an example) to cause it to run lean.

http://yorik.biz/gtr/spark_plugs_diagnosis.jpg

loneranger

ahhhhhhh! I'm even more confused now. To much contradiction going on. Mine has run for 11 months now with db out an din and not really noticed any issues so will just leave any remapping. Available or not. cheers

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi Nuggets
I would agree that plenty is said and I will try and get the info, however latest news on the Mapping is...
Bill smiths have the computer for the mapping however Yamaha [Bill Smiths words] the Moto Cage ECU is set up differently from the Standard and Yam have not released the mapping software....... this apparently is imminent, but EH I am only the bugger spending the money :)
you should hear the pipe tho god is stunning...my dogs run's and hides when I start her up

oldmatemik

I made a high quality sound clip of the Akrapovic Titanium system today, turn up the volume to get the realistic effect but be warned,, it may hurt and/or suprise you :p

[video=youtube;DbCH7z2blU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCH7z2blU0[/video]

KEVINJSTANLEY

I made a high quality sound clip of the Akrapovic Titanium system today, turn up the volume to get the realistic effect but be warned,, it may hurt and/or suprise you :p

oh yea the sound it gives makes me all squishy roll on sunday when I can go play with mine

addy

Love the sound of the akra without the db killer but its just too loud, cut the inner pipes off mine last night and its close to perfect now.

Last edited:

StoneBridge

Termignoni exhaust

Hi mates,

I just bought my MT-07 2014 (RaceBlu color scheme) at the weekend. :cool:

I'm just wondering that no one talks about the Termignoni full exhaust system. IMHO it has a very good sound (YT uploads ofc) and the shape is unique, last but not least it fits to the dark versions of the MT-07.
The price is also reasonable, sold roughly for 700€.

Anyone have this exhaust system?
I look fw for your opinions. :cool:

TERMIGNONI

tugfox

Hi,
Anyone has unmounted photos of the full system Yoshimura exhaust?

Does it has 3pieces when you open the box?

I will carry the exhaust with me by the airplane so i wonder the dimensions of the exhaust and the box.

Thanks

def

someone have experience with either akra carbon or yohsimura? are they to loud or okey with baffle in? dont want to much attention from the police but i rly like those exhausts. the titanium looks a bit booring to me and without mods or baffle out the sound seems a bit weak.

triple trouble

someone have experience with either akra carbon or yohsimura? are they to loud or okey with baffle in? dont want to much attention from the police but i rly like those exhausts. the titanium looks a bit booring to me and without mods or baffle out the sound seems a bit weak.
The carbon akrapovič sounds epic and spits lovely blue flames without the baffle in lol

def

sounds great, but what about the sound? to loud? prefer not to be stopped by the police everytime i go to work since the max limit in sweden is 103db at specifit rews.