MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

FMraposo

the catalytic converter will do something on the standard exhaust? or only works with the akrapovic?

sorry not a great 'know how' on mechanics :)

loneranger

the akra is non street legal without the cat convertor. Thats what I have been told and that's what appears on the Yamaha website for the exhaust. Don't know much more than that. Anyone else have any thoughts?

FMraposo

Are there still only arrow and akrapovic exhausts?

I like akrapovic looks.. but dislike the price.. arrow on the other hand has a nice price and awful looks..
Arrow disappoint me, the standar exhaust is more beautiful...i think we all looking for one of the same style, have to wait for other brands

J-dan

the catalytic converter will do something on the standard exhaust? or only works with the akrapovic?

sorry not a great 'know how' on mechanics :)
You will already have a cat(catalytic converter)in the standard exhaust. It is there to basically turn all the bad gases into less harmful gasses. All bikes from 2000 or 2003 have been fitted with them to get past EU emissions laws. most people like to remove them from the exhaust as it does hold back some performance.

My guess is that the cat for the Akra is there for the lambda sensor as with out it. It may well turn on the engine management light on.
But I am sure we shall know more when people actually start getting them fitted to there bikes.

Rouqui

I once met an Italian touring on a Guzzi and he had drilled a neat circle of 8 holes in the end of his "silencer". Damn sight cheaper!

PeaceMaker

An easy mod on the stock exhaust would be ideal :) but I don't think drilling it would do any good.. It has a strange shape an disposition

Hopper79

Afternoon all, I'm keen to change the standard exhaust and have seen GPR are doing some really nice versions for the MT-09 so I've given them a call but sadly they said it could be between 2 weeks to 3 months before we see anything for the MT-07. I also cant understand why Arrow have again done some lovely looking ones for the MT-09 and the ones for the MT-07 seem like an after thought that ruins the look of the bike.

Well thats my rant over but all I can say is a decent aftermarket exhaust for the MT-07 is rarer than rocking horse sh**

Happy riding

Kaff

The Arrow looks like Sh*t, but sounds pretty cool, no?

[video=youtube;p62kK3A80gA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62kK3A80gA[/video]

mrirvs

It probably sounds very nice in the flesh, videos are very hit and miss with sound I've always based my exhaust choices on how it looks and sounds when I hear it for myself on someone else's bike. Based on looks alone this arrow pipe is a definite no but I'm sure there will be plenty of good choices in the coming year. It's the price of being an early adopter I guess.

I was looking at the akrapovik site where they publish their power and torque curves before and after and they seem to claim a big increase in torque up to about 5500 rpm.

Looking at the fitting instructions this job also seems surprisingly simple and fitting the cat is totally optional as there are no visible signs that it's there. They also have a placeholder on the website for a carbon version but no images yet.

sputnick

I`ve installed cheap chinese levers and tailbag on passenger seat.

- Fork, swingarm etc. protectors
- Heated grips
- Tail tidy
- (Maybe) sport screen waiting on my to-do list.

I`m also patiently waiting a good looking slip-on too... :)

WP_20140507_17_10_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20140507_17_10_27_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

TJ63

I've got a horrible feeling that the lovely Pazzo levers I left on my Fazer would have fitted on the MT-07. :(