MT-07 Exhaust Sound & Essential Mods

Torque

Hi new member here. I've just ordered an MT-07 (I've put it on my profile but currently own a CBR600), delivery could be as far away as January 2015 so I've been told by my dealer :(

Anyway looking at the exhaust options I'm liking the SC-Project pipe. I've emailed them and have been told a dyno graph will be available in the next 15 days which should answer the question of the low end torque delivery.

MrSquidbeak

Last news from MIVV:

GP:

View attachment 966

Oval:

View attachment 967

Speed Edge, Standard level:

View attachment 968

Speed Edge, High level:

View attachment 969

I suppose you'ld like a link to all this beauty?

There you go:

MIVV MT-07. Lots of vids and instructions, it's a pretty good work from their side. Didn't want to post the links to the videos, since the pictures are taking a lot of place.
WOW love the look of the low speed edge!
Would love to hear that without the DB killer on

rrbarna

Well, I looped a wheelie and damage is £3060. I've been street stunting for over 10 years without a crash until now, so it's a little depressing. However something good is coming out of it... I had full coverage and since my exhaust has to be replaced, the insurance company agreed to replace it with an Akrapovic exhaust for half price of the original! :) So with my deductible and everything, I get my bike fixed and I paid less than the price of the exhaust for everything :) :) :) I'll be more careful next time...

dazzor

At least nobody was hurt.....I hope.

When you say "street stunting" does that mean public roads?

Gaz2212

People so called "street stunting" or general dicking around pulling wheelies should have their insurance cancelled and not pay out in an accident. Motorbikes are dangerous enough anyway, I'm sure if they were designed for wheelies etc the designers would only sell us bikes with 1 wheel only
Glad you are not hurt but really winds me up when you think some good as come out of this

dazzor

Gaz,

You've posted it for me mate[emoji6]

I was deliberating over posting my tuppence worth but yeah, it ain't big or clever.

I've got two little boys and wife, they use our roads....like countless other innocent families

.....enough said.

There are staged, safe events for showing-off.

sven11

So guys, need help deciding between Ixil dual and Mivv oval/edge low.
Prefer Akrapovic but due to the price I can not pay for it. Has to be road legal with cat.

Ixil - great sound imo but the pipes look pretty bad on pics. Has anyone seen some videos?

Mivv - it is kind of bulky, official video sound does not sound like a big improvement?! Pipes look nice. Any videos on youtube?

What is the bes price for these you could find?

Thnx

Last edited:

rappetor

I'm sure if they were designed for wheelies etc the designers would only sell us bikes with 1 wheel only
Haha! :D Hilarious! What a nonsense :). They were almost promoted as wheely popping machines (MT-07's), even the original teaser/commercial of the bike has it popping a small wheelie. If anything 2 wheeled vehicles (rwd) are by design good in doing wheelies.
Is it stupid to do in public? Yes! Especially in crowded places, instant ban if you ask me.

Then again, I don't know how to do a wheelie and don't care to do one. Have seen too many movies of it going wrong, not worth the risk.

on topic: The prices, like those MIVV's, are surely going in the right direction now!

dazzor

Wheelies; dodgy topic if you ask me.

Yes they can be fun, yes, lots of us have done them in varying degrees.....but bragging about them and suggesting you're a bit of a street-stunt veteran, na, not commanding any respect in my book, quite the opposite.

Rant over :)

MrSquidbeak

So guys, need help deciding between Ixil dual and Mivv oval/edge low.
Prefer Akrapovic but due to the price I can not pay for it. Has to be road legal with cat.

Ixil - great sound imo but the pipes look pretty bad on pics. Has anyone seen some videos?

Mivv - it is kind of bulky, official video sound does not sound like a big improvement?! Pipes look nice. Any videos on youtube?

What is the bes price for these you could find?

Thnx
Agree with everything you have said here sven11. I would love the Akra can Yamaha are pushing the sound and the look are great but wow what a price tag! nearly £800 for an exhaust system on a bike that only costs £5500!!! That's silly money.
The Mivv cans look great but agree the sound on there vids is nothing special sound just like the OME exhaust (would love to hear it without the DB killer out).
Like the look of the Ixil too but again not enough vids for the sound they make. Found 2 youtube vids with the sound but vid sound quality is poor.
But both are a much better price then the Akra and Arrow full systems. Was going to have the boring convo with the dealer about how the Yamaha warranty will be effected if i fit a aftermarket system to the bike

rrbarna

Wheelies; dodgy topic if you ask me.

Yes they can be fun, yes, lots of us have done them in varying degrees.....but bragging about them and suggesting you're a bit of a street-stunt veteran, na, not commanding any respect in my book, quite the opposite.

Rant over :)
Here in Hungary, even the police encourage you to pop a wheelie. It's just a different mentality here. I'm not here to debate it... I did what I did and I can't see myself not doing it in the future. We're all different and that's that. Maybe when I have kids I will change and get a cruiser and relax a bit, but I'm not there yet.

cosmikdebriis

For what it's worth I don't think it's a good idea for motorcyclists to get too judgemental over each other. (or anyone else for that matter).

If we wanted to be completely "sensible" we wouldn't ride bikes in the first place and I very much doubt any one of us doesn't break the law, to some degree, pretty much every time we get on a bike.

Live and let live.

towner87

Guys this is 'exhaust sound and essential mods' can we get back on track please! Discuss wheelies in 'the bar' [emoji4] just saying!

Anyway I am looking at getting the MIVV GP, but noticed it has two baffles looking at the drawings/fitting guide... Anyone know the reason for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk