What are the differences between 2014/15 models?

Noggie

Some riders technique differ, some use one finger, some two, Rossi uses his whole hand.

You can't see from a still photo, but sometimes the camera angle is good enough during the race for you to see.
And the go hard on the brake at first then either ease off, or like Marquez here kind of pulses the brake handle a bit.

Been trying to find a video, but no luck so far.

Ralph

Hard to believe but the front drum 2LS brake on my 40 year old Morini will lock the wheel from any speed
it can reach with 2 finger pressure, sounds great for a old fashioned cable brake but it has very little feel
a good few even after warnings have locked it even after they just got of some modern thing with double
discs as big as dust bin lids, brake power is good but you need feel as well, the MT even in standard trim
as enough of both for most riders, well me at least.

Gaz2212

Just my feedback, went with replacement brembo pads first, the braking improved massively, more feel at slow speed with only gentle brake movements on the levers, at higher speeds still a little bit of sponginess when you really went for hard braking, switched to full braided lines and now the braking performance is second to none, loads of feel at biting point and if needed from higher speeds will stop you very quickly, front abs really only kicks in when you get on the loose stuff on the roads, on good clean road I can grab the brake real hard and it just stops no abs action at all
After doing both changes the pressure needed on the levers is now very minimal
I would say I have done a lot of mods to my bike but the pads and lines is definitely the best thing I have done, one for confidence when riding and also increased safety knowing I can stop more quickly
p.s. it was a real pain in the arse to fit and bleed the lines, on the abs version there is 8 lines to change