What are the differences between 2014/15 models?

CVSensei

Hello guys and gals,

Can anyone explain to me the differences on the new model? I know about the new colour schemes and a few minor cosmetic adjustments but wondered what the new 'flat' seat is like.

Also heard they made changes to the engine?! If so how does it behave? I'm about to buy one and can't decide if its worth the extra money (also prefer the colour schemes on 2014).

da1kini

Hello guys and gals,

Can anyone explain to me the differences on the new model? I know about the new colour schemes and a few minor cosmetic adjustments but wondered what the new 'flat' seat is like.

Also heard they made changes to the engine?! If so how does it behave? I'm about to buy one and can't decide if its worth the extra money (also prefer the colour schemes on 2014).

To my knowledge the only thing changed is the colors and the MOTO CAGE version added to the product line.

DeadHead

When a new model is launched it's rarely changed so soon afterwards unless there has been serious fault with it that's required alterations to the original design.
Colours will come and go of course but I don't think we will seen anything changed for a while yet and why would they, Yamaha got the bike spot on.

da1kini

When a new model is launched it's rarely changed so soon afterwards unless there has been serious fault with it that's required alterations to the original design.
Colours will come and go of course but I don't think we will seen anything changed for a while yet and why would they, Yamaha got the bike spot on.
Your right! ...but then there is that rear shock that could improve a lot... And then then there is that issue with stalling for some... Otherwise as you say a really good bike!

Tommeke

Your right! ...but then there is that rear shock that could improve a lot... And then then there is that issue with stalling for some... Otherwise as you say a really good bike!
True what you're saying but you're not mentioning the lack of rear view . or how the back of you're legs get more wet then the front in the rain. And how a lot of things start to rust even during first winter... Not to forget decent brakes.
We get what we pay for : a so so bike .

but it drives great !

Torque

I think I've been taken for a fool.. It was from this article, on second inspection it all looks very wrong haha! If there are no differences can anyone give me a reason why i shouldn't get the 2014 version? Much cheaper at my dealership.

2015 Yamaha MT-07 - All Yamaha Reviews : All Yamaha Reviews
Yep, bad article full of errors or possibly bad translation. For example:

"The new 2015 MT-07 has stronger single cylinder four stroke engine which develops 48 horse power" :confused:

I also like their following statement in the specs:

"Rear suspension: Twin lol"

Last edited:

CVSensei

Yep, bad article full of errors or possibly bad translation. For example:

"The new 2015 MT-07 has stronger single cylinder four stroke engine which develops 48 horse power" :confused:

I also like their following statement in the specs:

"Rear suspension: Twin lol"
Hahaha yeah that was gave it away.. I think it was classified as a scooter as well? Haha OK so there's no differences apart from colour schemes? Sounds like the more appealing colour schemes and price of the 2014 model makes it an easy choice!

CVSensei

You reckon? I have a love hate relationship with it.. I just love the 2014 Race Blue the new one doesn't do it for me.. Oh and the deep purple is very tempting.

da1kini

True what you're saying but you're not mentioning the lack of rear view . or how the back of you're legs get more wet then the front in the rain. And how a lot of things start to rust even during first winter... Not to forget decent brakes.
We get what we pay for : a so so bike .

but it drives great !

Mirrors - yes
But then again I do not buy a bike to ride when it rains and snows :D for me it is fun rides all summer long not commuting. As you say, it is probably not the most sustainable parts put in to the bike. But you get what you pay for and this is a hell of a bargain I would say.

da1kini

You reckon? I have a love hate relationship with it.. I just love the 2014 Race Blue the new one doesn't do it for me.. Oh and the deep purple is very tempting.
The deep armor(purple) I can recommend personally. It is a color that doesn't get boring after a season or two. Plus there is a lot of stylish parts that goes really well with dark purple :D

The bike look black at night or a cloudy day, but when the suns is direct it has this deep purple look.

CVSensei

The deep armor(purple) I can recommend personally. It is a color that doesn't get boring after a season or two. Plus there is a lot of stylish parts that goes really well with dark purple :D

The bike look black at night or a cloudy day, but when the suns is direct it has this deep purple look.
I think you've just sold me sir.. My dealer has just got a deep armour one in and I'm soooo tempted to just go for it. Arghhhh

da1kini

I think you've just sold me sir.. My dealer has just got a deep armour one in and I'm soooo tempted to just go for it. Arghhhh
Go for it, you can always buy new color plastics and change later on. For that +€400 difference you save from not buying a 2015 model you get a long way with other mods! You can get a tail tidy, new levers, rad guard, led indicators and probably some more for that cash.

Plus you get that nice rim tape for free :)

Last edited:

CVSensei

Ahhh I can't contain myself! I think i might just run to the dealer today and get it.. Logic is telling me to be patient and everything else is telling me otherwise!

da1kini

Ahhh I can't contain myself! I think i might just run to the dealer today and get it.. Logic is telling me to be patient and everything else is telling me otherwise!
If you have made up your mind that this is the bike you want then there is no need to wait for a 2015 model since the only diff is the color. But otherwise if you have second thoughts about the bike dont run in to it to fast :) I dont want to be a part of rushed descision made :)

CVSensei

If you have made up your mind that this is the bike you want then there is no need to wait for a 2015 model since the only diff is the color. But otherwise if you have second thoughts about the bike dont run in to it to fast :) I dont want to be a part of rushed descision made :)
Just put down my deposit :) Definitely made the right choice.