Scorpion or Akrapovic?

Akrapovic or Scorpion?

• Total voters

addy

Once you cut the pipes its much easier to get back in, I also sanded down the large outer ring which helps a lot.

da1kini

Could you please link me to where you got it from? Cheapest I found was around 1000 Euros!

But if you're sure that you can find one at nearly the same price then I'll definitely go with the Akra. Do you have the DB Killer out as well?
I got it from my dealer. But search ebay there should be plenty of them for around 700€. I have the baffle in, have not been able to ride it yet, it was installed at my dealer during winter storage. Be sure you search for this version. Both same systems but one has the laser engraved special logo = 200€ more..

image.jpg

balki

Scorpion everytime and the £200 you save pays for the comfort seat so you can enjoy the sound all day long ;)
CIMG1482.JPG
Surprised that the yoshi has a clamp bracket :/

balki

Scorpion is about E 750
Akra here for E 813 CarpiMoto
I would still choose the scorpion tho ;)

Changing the exhaust is easy to do (re-use the gaskets) but if your completely spannerphobic -or just don't own any- then it should only be half an hours labour at any local garage.

the oxygen sensor should sort out the engine mapping (unless you go to extremes-dna stage 2=removing airbox lid)
I have DNA (stage 1) filter and run with baffle in as its plenty loud enough for me, MPG dropped from 63 to 58 after scorp install (maybe i was just more used to riding-not pushing harder just to listen) ;)

Im no expert but it would be nice to get an official answer as to weather remapping is possible or just a salesmans trick
There is the dobeck fuel controller (stateside) which is reported to be better than power commander if you do go to the extremes. (for me that is a step to far- price V improvement)

Last edited:

CVSensei

Aha! the cheapest Akra so far! I thought you were trying to get me to get the Scorp ;) Thanks either way.

gregjet

Balki,
Did you do a no throttle idle to warm ( fan starts running) retune after putting the exhaust on. Not sure if it works with the MT but most FI motors nowdays can do a retune themselves by starting them and let them idle ( do not touch the throttle) until the fan comes on. Resets the TPS/ECU position and allows the ecu to update . Might improve your fuel economy. Worth a try if you haven't done it.