What's your topspeed?

jmkk

Stock gear ratio and tires:

9K rpm 5th gear = 189 km/h
10K rpm 5th gear = 210 km/h
9K rpm 6th gear = 214 km/h
10K rpm 6th gear = 238 km/h

So going steep downhill you could reach 238 if you're "lucky"...
But there are no hills in Netherlands,
True! Lol
But I live 5km's from the German border, so I'll try some hills this weekend ;)

CVSensei

I've never understood when people say there's no hills in NL, I've been there 7 times and although the land is generally flat there were hills everywhere I went!

D

Deleted member 20

Mainland NL 323 m. That's huge, almost twice as high as the Danish alps stretching 171 m up in the sky. I have a friend who has climbed from base camp to the roof of DK, without oxygen or Sherpas. Balls of steel!

Last edited by a moderator:

DJP

The other week I pulled 115mph, up a fair sized hill, while chasing a mate on a much faster bike - and it was still accelerating hard when I backed off.

I was quite surprised tbh. Was bloody windy though!

It's nice to know that the performance is there, but that wasn't what I bought the MT07 for - most of the time I stay below 80mph.

KristianJeppe

And30ers am i detecting sarcasm and bullying against the Danish alps. You better be careful or I'll challenge you to a 50 mtr foot race. I'll bring the dog ?

Donut

Hit 126/127mph (202/203kmh) indicated up the Mountain Mile at the TT which equates to 117/118mph (187/189kmh) if you allow a 7% speedo error.

Been a long time since I had a bike flat out for so long as I reckon I still had half the section of road left when the indicated speed was flicking between the 2 figures.

Donut

Hit 126/127mph (202/203kmh) indicated up the Mountain Mile at the TT which equates to 117/118mph (187/189kmh) if you allow a 7% speedo error.

Been a long time since I had a bike flat out for so long as I reckon I still had half the section of road left when the indicated speed was flicking between the 2 figures.

I hate having such an inaccurate speedo so while I'm having my suspension sorted at Steve Jordan's near Boxhill (Welcome to Steve Jordan Motorcycles & Performance | Steve Jordan Motorcycles) I'm also getting them to fit a Speedohealer (HealTech Electronics Ltd. ? Smart Tech for your Ride ? SpeedoHealer v4 which I can then set to remove all/most of the inaccuracy as I wish. It comes with the added bonus of having a button to push which will replay top speed.

Kiwi

That's the same speed of my 2007 Kawasaki 650R. I'm seriously thinking of trading for the MT-07 if someone can convince me that
I can travel on the highway about 160 kph without getting thrown all over the place with the wind buffeting. Can't test ride here. Or is
there some sort of partial aftermarket fairing or screen that will help me? Thank you.
I've had mine up to 170kph (only to see if it could) and it's quite windy at that speed. You sit upright, so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I wouldn't recommend an MT-07 if you want to cruise at 160 kph... or cruising around at 160 kph...

Ralph

The speedo on mine don't seem to be a % out it just seems to be 3/4 mph out at any speed,
at a true 70 it's showing 73/4 my last Suzi was out about 9% and though that made it only
3 mph fast at 30 it was 9 mph fast at 100.

Ralph

2 gps's one a marine unit supposedly to within 1/10 mph both of these agree with road side detectors.

bypasser

Do both GPS's show the same speed? I've heard conflicting views on accuracy of GPS.
I have thought of a way to test though, if you want to right past a speed camera at 10+ mph over the limit and note your speed at the time that the flash goes off then that would help[emoji6] (above is obviously a joke, never ever speed, or else)

I have heard that most vehicle manufacturers deliberately over state speed to avoid legal risks so I expect all speedometers to indicate a higher speed than actual speed by a few mph.

sdrio

Do both GPS's show the same speed? I've heard conflicting views on accuracy of GPS.
I have thought of a way to test though, if you want to right past a speed camera at 10+ mph over the limit and note your speed at the time that the flash goes off then that would help[emoji6] (above is obviously a joke, never ever speed, or else)

I have heard that most vehicle manufacturers deliberately over state speed to avoid legal risks so I expect all speedometers to indicate a higher speed than actual speed by a few mph.
I think that's a throwback to when engineering wasn't as precise as it is now. Speedos couldn't be guaranteed to be accurate, so they deliberately erred on the slower side, to avoid having drivers unwittingly speeding.

Seems to me that nowadays, speedos are pretty much spot on.

You've also got to bear in mind that there are other factors that can affect speedo accuracy. Fitting different shaped tyres can have an effect, even tyre pressures can create a small difference. Where the speed is measured can have a big effect too - changing the gearing on an MT03 will change speedo readings by more than 10%, as (if I understood it correctly), the speed is measured somewhere on the drivetrain, not at the wheel.

Eddieh93

I reckon robodene is right what's the point in having a speedometer that isn't reading the correct speed? Seems pointless and nowadays you have to have a correctly functioning speedo to pass your MOT.