What's your topspeed?

jmkk

Last weekend I got 230kmh (143mph) on my display, which was the highest I got since I bought it. (no video unfortunately)
I've got the full Akrapovic (no DB-killer) and the DNA airfilter fitted.

People say the actual speed will be around 10% lower than the displayspeed.. so that would make around 210 real kmh?

What's your topspeed?

Donut

I fully expect mine to hit at least 132 mph / 211 kmh (on a downhill section) on an unrestricted road on the Isle of Man at the TT.

According to my Tom Tom the bike speedo looks to be about 7% optomistic so that would equal around 125 mph / 200 kmh.

On the flat will be less obviously but haven't really checked.

da1kini

Last weekend I got 230kmh (143mph) on my display, which was the highest I got since I bought it. (no video unfortunately)

People say the actual speed will be around 10% lower than the displayspeed.. so that would make around 210 real kmh?

What's your topspeed?
Naaah, thats not possible. Something is at fault here :)

And by the way do you need to bench it after DNA air filter swap?

jmkk

I didn't bench it, all was just plug and play. And believe me, it really was 230 ;) Wasn't easy though.. but damn I was going fast :cool:

D

Deleted member 20

Stock gear ratio and tires:

9K rpm 5th gear = 189 km/h
10K rpm 5th gear = 210 km/h
9K rpm 6th gear = 214 km/h
10K rpm 6th gear = 238 km/h

So going steep downhill you could reach 238 if you're "lucky"...
But there are no hills in Netherlands,

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmtm2005

Still running her in , so only 75h ............. Only another 400 miles to go :(

But saw 186 mph on the 1998 R1 ............. Now that was quick ;)

William

What's your topspeed?
That's the same speed of my 2007 Kawasaki 650R. I'm seriously thinking of trading for the MT-07 if someone can convince me that
I can travel on the highway about 160 kph without getting thrown all over the place with the wind buffeting. Can't test ride here. Or is
there some sort of partial aftermarket fairing or screen that will help me? Thank you.

CVSensei

That's the same speed of my 2007 Kawasaki 650R. I'm seriously thinking of trading for the MT-07 if someone can convince me that
I can travel on the highway about 160 kph without getting thrown all over the place with the wind buffeting. Can't test ride here. Or is
there some sort of partial aftermarket fairing or screen that will help me? Thank you.
There's an abundance of screens.. Most of them are purely aesthetic but there's a few around that people have reported as helping considerably.

Personally I don't think its worth sacrificing that mean looking front end with a massive screen but each to their own!

Ralph

With the Power Bronze screen I can run 120km till the fuel runs out and don't notice any buffeting at all,
I did with a Versys Burgman 400 and a V-strom that was terrible, but the MT with screen I just don't notice it,
cant say about 160km as in the UK it's not really possible were I ride to keep that sort of speed up. I did some
years back have 628 MPH in the max speed on my gps but that was coming down hill fast from 32,000ft.

CVSensei

With the Power Bronze screen I can run 120km till the fuel runs out and don't notice any buffeting at all,
I did with a Versys Burgman 400 and a V-strom that was terrible, but the MT with screen I just don't notice it,
cant say about 160km as in the UK it's not really possible were I ride to keep that sort of speed up. I did some
years back have 628 MPH in the max speed on my gps but that was coming down hill fast from 32,000ft.
628 mph ehh?

sdrio

It does 160kmh/100mph easily, but in standard trim you're definitely getting your hair messed up doing that.

Top speed isn't the ethos of the MT range though. They're all built for in town hooliganism and country lane scratching. If you're looking for something to welly up and down motorways for hours at a time, it's pretty much the last bike you'd want.

shadowmonkey

I've had about 125mph so far and still had some revs left.

I have read that there is a factory ecu rev limiter at the higher end and in 6th gear not sure how true this is but when getting up to that, revs does seem to stop going anymore so to me does feel like it's limited, again that's what I have read not sure if it means UK models. Is it limited or wind or just my weight, probably the latter LOL [emoji123]

Ralph

It will be rev limited in all gears, the ecu will cut power to stop the engine over revving
I have had it up to the 10,000 red line without bouncing it off the limiter so just exactly were
the limiter is set I don't know but it will be around the red line.

kiriakos

I have done 201 -202 km/h in straight line and 210 km/h in a bit downhill road.

Also my revvs reach about 8000 in 6th gear and the speed is 200 +km/h and stop there maybe there is a ecu limiter or just there is nothing more to give i dont know

Ralph

I did read somewhere it was limited to 132 mph in top but if that's true or not or the same on all market MT's I don't know
that would be 9000 rpm in top 8000 is 118 mph.