touring screens

KEVINJSTANLEY

CHEERS ufukgy
found it's site on ebay and at £46 a good price however there's a further £20 for shipping. thanks m8ty
kev

bobh

I have the Puig "touring" screen on mine. It's much better than nothing - the naked MT-07 is perhaps the most exposed ride I've ever had, at least on a modern bike. The Puig screen is fine on A-road blasts at "progressive" speeds, though I wouldn't really fancy doing a long continental M-way journey on it (where speed limits are higher than here). But I guess my reference point is the Fazer8, which has much more effective weather protection, and which now has an MRA screen.

A lot depends on the temperature. In summer it's much less important to have a barn door in front of you. So I'd say under those conditions I'd be happy to use the MT-07 with the Puig. Just choose a route using "interesting" roads where the MT-07 will shine and a big tourer would be hard work.

To be honest, I don't think you're going to get the wind off your head unless you go for a full-on tourer (or big "adventure" bike). And why would you? As someone once said, "Only dogs who hang out of car windows really understand what's great about biking!"