touring screens

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi all
I am after a screen tall enough to throw the wind over my lid...or at least not rip my head of at motorway speeds, I planning a euro trip next but would like to take the MT rather than buy the likes of a RT 1200 [they are cheap]
I have seen the Puig on site but it seems it may not be tall enough.
oh also ideas on soft rear luggage.

cheers all

kev

sharky

Sure you will need a full tea tray if you want it off your head. i have a Puig screen but it only takes it off my chest.

Something like this guys mate has on his FZ-07
Off-topic:
what a beauty she is.
Are your mirrors factory or have you used raisers? Are you happy with the view?

KEVINJSTANLEY

cheers for reply, it appears to be multi purpose screen wind protection and surfing.... but I suppose it does the job. urs however cosmetically looks much better how much does it shear the wind away..... could you do 100/150 miles motorway with it and still have ur head on ur shoulders ? that being over a period of 14 days.

craigieboy

It's hard to say, regularly do weekend runs of over 350miles and tbh it's my arse that's sore not my head or shoulders. I've never been spoiled with a faired bike so don't know any diffrence. I also have a peaked lid (icon variant) and am happy with my screen. The only point that the wind bothers me is at silly speeds and I find it holds me back from them, so as a newish rider its a good thing.

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi Criag thanks for that useful info..the arse bit get easier, thing is the cage which I have has a little bikini that is adjustable but in practice feels like a waste of time and I did wonder if there was much improvement in the likes of the puig or others. but having looked at your pick it is quick a bit taller.
And yes it does keep ur speed that much lower hence why I went naked after my TL

craigieboy

If I was in your shoes, I would probably buy a screen like the guy has in the video and stick it on the bike for the euro tour. Sticking with whatever you have on just now for commuting/weekend runs. Depends on how dear these screens are though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggie

I'd like to hear back on this too.
I like the look without a screen, but on those slightly longer trips I would like to get some of the wind off my body.
That said, the naked bike keeps the speed down for sure and anything above 120kph is not fun at all.

I will probaby get a screen, and for now the Puig ones are the one I look at, but I'm not sure if I should go for the sport or the touring version.
I am worried about helmet noise, my Shoei GT-Air had a terrible deafening rumble when I tried a Honda Hornet S, A friend of mine had the same issue on a -98 Honda VFR 850 with that helmet.
So it appears that the GT-Air likes to have a free airflow around it.
This is why I'm not sure about the touring screen.

I have therefore thought of my own solution to the aesthetic vs function issue.
I will buy a screen and try to find some thumb screws to replace the mounting screws.
That way I can install/remove the screen quickly without any tools, keep the naked look most of the time, and easily install the screen when needed.

KEVINJSTANLEY

hi Ufukgy
what brand is this screen and yes I to like the look of it....how does it attach is with existing fitment or to the handles bars

ufukgy

Hi Kevin, I wrote some info but waiting for admin approval :confused:

The windscreen was fitted in dealer that I bought my MT. I pay approx.60€ and all mounting parts are included. if you search for the following you will find something

e-bay - gp windscreen for mt-07
Facebook - GP kompozit
GP Kompozit

By the way sorry for my English, i hope you understand.

Last edited:

Donut

Hi all
I am after a screen tall enough to throw the wind over my lid...or at least not rip my head of at motorway speeds, I planning a euro trip next but would like to take the MT rather than buy the likes of a RT 1200 [they are cheap]
I have seen the Puig on site but it seems it may not be tall enough.
oh also ideas on soft rear luggage.

cheers all

kev

With regards to luggage I can heartily recommend Ventura stuff. Not the cheapest but good quality and very easy to fit the bags and remove them when you need to.

Search on:

Ventura Luggage
and
Luggage Options

for more details.

KEVINJSTANLEY

Cheers Donut
quite nice how with the side bars you can change the options for the rear carrier, however can't clarify the pannier support or are they simple throw over panniers that self support... but thanks 1 more option to consider

Donut

Cheers Donut
quite nice how with the side bars you can change the options for the rear carrier, however can't clarify the pannier support or are they simple throw over panniers that self support... but thanks 1 more option to consider

The racks are designed to fit either 1 or 2 bags on to rather than for panniers.

I've never been a fan of panniers as I prefer to keep the bike nice and slim and also dislike having to use bungess and the Ventura bags simply slide over the pack rack with the option of a couple of clips to hold them securely in place.

ufukgy

Hi Kevin;
This Windscreen is "GP kompozit" it's Turkish brand.
its cost almost 60$ and all mounting part are included...
I bought from Yamaha dealer in Antalya-Turkey.