Smile :)

Ralph

The MT is no uncontrollable wheelie monster, it as quite a slow action twist grip you have to
turn it quite a way to get a big response, but you cant just wang the throttle wide open like
you would with a 125, as long as you treat it with a bit of respect and have at least reasonable
throttle control you wont have a problem, but try ragging it round before you get used to it
will only lead to pain and cost, get a test ride, you could go for a 250 but you will likely grow
out of it quite quickly, the MT may seem a bit of a jump at first but you will take longer to
reach the point of wanting to move on, just apply common sense you don't have to go everywhere
at full bore. Get a test ride you wont regret it except you will very likely want one.

CVSensei

Thanks Ralph. Yeah I'll be riding it with the utmost care no doubt about it so fingers crossed I'll have no problems! Ahh there's no chance of me getting a 250 or anything else for that matter. Been researching for over 6 months now and I am 99% set on this (the 1% being a slight temptation by the new Ducati Scrambler). I put my deposit down on one a month ago and spent a small fortune on parts for it to arrive the same time as the bike :) No going back now! Thanks for the reassuring words.

sdrio

We're probably making it sound worse than it really is.

The 'problem', if you can even call it that, has 100% of the time happened only the first time someone has ridden the bike. I suggested once that 100 miles will be enough for you to get used to the power delivery - it's probably more like 10 miles, but if you treat it carefully for the first few days you'll be absolutely fine.

This is not an intimidating bike to ride, at all. Just go easy at the very beginning, don't ride it like you ride your 125. That's it.

CVSensei

Hahaha yeah I'm sure this problem will soon turn into a blessing after those ten miles or so ;)

How's your stalling issue by the way? Did you ever clear that up? Praying to whatever powers that be that I don't get a cursed one!

Ralph

You sound like someone with a bit of common sense so just take it very easy for a hundred miles or so
that will give the new tyres time to scrub in a bit and by that time you will have cracked it. welcome to the fold.
Mine was a stall,er but it's not done it for about 500 miles since I did the throttle body balance, this is supposed
to be don't at every service inc the 600 mile one and if mine is anything to go by has to be spot on, and yours may not
do it.

da1kini

Thanks Ralph. Yeah I'll be riding it with the utmost care no doubt about it so fingers crossed I'll have no problems! Ahh there's no chance of me getting a 250 or anything else for that matter. Been researching for over 6 months now and I am 99% set on this (the 1% being a slight temptation by the new Ducati Scrambler). I put my deposit down on one a month ago and spent a small fortune on parts for it to arrive the same time as the bike :) No going back now! Thanks for the reassuring words.
The scrambler is not only more expansive but useless for long trips :) At least if you believe the testriders writing about it. BUT it looks really cool and would be a nice town bike :)

sdrio

Hahaha yeah I'm sure this problem will soon turn into a blessing after those ten miles or so ;)

How's your stalling issue by the way? Did you ever clear that up? Praying to whatever powers that be that I don't get a cursed one!
It's rare now, I'm so used to it 99% of the time I catch it before it goes. It still does the cough, and still catches me out now and then. It's liveable.

You'll be fine. Seems to me the worst ones were the early ones, bought in the fist half of last year. Presumably Yamaha have now quietly fixed the problem, as there don't seem to be so many reports of it now.