Screen

Colonel

Have cruised for over 100 miles at 70 and do not find the wind a major problem at all. However I bought a new HJC IS17 at the same time as the bike and found it to be very noisy. Closing off the rear outlets did not affect the cooling but reduced noise a lot as there is a vortex created just behind that point causing most of the row. Still getting a strongish windflow inside the visor and across the ears though so I will be fitting a screen to help this problem (a neck curtain did not help). Talked to a guy ay HPS who said they were developing a Vario unit for the MT so will wait for that. Does anyone know where I can get a front and rear fender extender?

loneranger

hi colonel. Can you explain a little more about the rear outelets. Where exactly are these and how do you close them. I have too much noise from the bike from front and wanted to understand if you are referring to the bike, or helmet

xt660isgood2

Got it from Jesters Trick Bits, cost about £90 delivered. Have since seen them on ebay for a little less. Its the taller of the two Ermax screens by the way :D
Cheers ally. Ordered one last week and it arrived within the week. You right was just under 90 quid with delivery. Very easy to fit. Fitted this morning.
Love the look of it. Deffo cuts down the wind blast mainly to the chest area. I'm only 5'7inch and when you stick your arse against the passenger seat motorway speeds for long periods are
do-able (well unless you have horrific "Jeremy Kyles" like "a friend" of mine)mtscreen.jpg

Gaz2212

Don't know if any interest to anybody, had an email back from yamaha yesterday, they said the sport screen is due to ship to dealers towards the end of July. The extra stays that their website says it requires for fitting are now to be included with the kit. It is priced at £99 on Yamaha's website

xt660isgood2

That's interesting because they are still selling the "fly screen" last week for £100. Which is really what it does.......stops fly's from getting under your clocks

Gaz2212

Hi and30ers

When you mounted your screen did you use brackets that came with the screen for the top mounting, then made the bottom mounting from your alu strip

Thanks

Gaz

D

Deleted member 20

Hi and30ers
When you mounted your screen did you use brackets that came with the screen for the top mounting, then made the bottom mounting from your alu strip
Gaz
2 brackets comes with the screen, left and right side. I cut the bracket in half and used it for top mount only. Had to straighten a 90 degree bend on the bracket as well. So it's kind of semi-custom made. Front is just an alu strip, cut, bent and drilled for fit.

Gaz2212

Thanks for that, think I will order this one as it looks better than any others on the market. Fed up of waiting for yamaha now

How is it at speed for wind protection

D

Deleted member 20

Thanks for that, think I will order this one as it looks better than any others on the market. Fed up of waiting for yamaha now
How is it at speed for wind protection
I agree on looks, both Puig Sport and Touring screens for MT-09 looks very good on the MT-07, better than any other MT-07 screen I've seen.

For wind protection it's subjective but I did 200 km without and 200 km with the following day to get a good idea.
Wind pressure is moved upwards but no way near above helmet, on the other hand I'm 194 cm tall and my wife is 172 cm and It's her bike so it will do more for her.
Havn't ridden in hard rain but I guess it will help deflecting rain from soaking lower part of torso and crotch.
I felt quite a bit reduced wind noice, might be subjective.
Lots of smashed bugs on screen, that would otherwise been clogging up bike panels, instrument cluster and front of my leathers.
Screen protect and hides starter key and other electricals from the elements.
Screen improves looks, again subjective.

Gaz2212

I agree on looks, both Puig Sport and Touring screens for MT-09 looks very good on the MT-07, better than any other MT-07 screen I've seen.

For wind protection it's subjective but I did 200 km without and 200 km with the following day to get a good idea.
Wind pressure is moved upwards but no way near above helmet, on the other hand I'm 194 cm tall and my wife is 172 cm and It's her bike so it will do more for her.
Havn't ridden in hard rain but I guess it will help deflecting rain from soaking lower part of torso and crotch.
I felt quite a bit reduced wind noice, might be subjective.
Lots of smashed bugs on screen, that would otherwise been clogging up bike panels, instrument cluster and front of my leathers.
Screen protect and hides starter key and other electricals from the elements.
Screen improves looks, again subjective.

Thanks and30ers, you've made my mind up, just ordered the tour screen, hope I can get it to fit and look as good as yours

Will put a picture up when done

Anthony

It should do, though getting the key in with the phone in place might be a little tough. I'm looking at getting the satnav mount and a Garmin 590 and I'm sure the satnav will need to be removed to get to the key.

Here is a view of how high the screen is above the dash.

JimmyRiddle

It should do, though getting the key in with the phone in place might be a little tough. I'm looking at getting the satnav mount and a Garmin 590 and I'm sure the satnav will need to be removed to get to the key.

Here is a view of how high the screen is above the dash.
Just so you all know. The Sat Nav Mount is a little different to what it looks like on the Yam Site.
When I order with my dealer, I was expecting this...
Yam Sat Nav.JPG
So it was supposed to be center aligned with the dash. But in fact it is offset to the left. Which makes it simpler to get the key in, even with a screen... Here is attached with my Garmin 390 Mount etc...
Sat Nav Blank 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg

It all fist quite nicely behind my Powerbronze 330mm Screen.
photo 3.jpg
Not sure if they have also changed the iPhone Holder similar to the way they have changed they GPS Stay, but they certianly have not updated their website.
So, perhaps make some calls to verify first. Or perhaps someone can veryify how the iPhone Hoolder works or if it is different?

eriks

a question: those of us us still without any screen.
what is comfortable speed on the highway with a bit windy weather for you - constant speed not overtaking