Screen

blueglue

Just wondering if anyone is looking at getting a screen fitted?

I like the look of the smaller screen compared with the sport one in the brochure.

FLY SCREEN MT-07 - part 1WS-261C0-00-00

1WS-261C0-00-00-fly-screen-mt-07-smoke-detail-001.jpg

1WS-261C0-00-00-fly-screen-mt-07-smoke-studio-001.jpg

Unfortunately no prices as yet.

blueglue

Also im not too sure what benefit such a small screen would do but a friend who had a Z1000 said it would be noticeable. :eek:

Jon

Am planning on getting one or the other. Main reason being that come the summer I think all the gubbins on show above the light and under the clock will be a fly trap. And a real bugger to clean all the squashed ones out of! But will wait until I can see both on a bike, its really hard to tell which looks best yet.

Actually, went a junction on the M1 during my test ride and was surprised at how (relatively) little wind pressure there was - not as much as I expected. I think the light unit must throw some of the wind over you. So if dead flies don't bother you, maybe not essential.

Phil_B

I'm having the other taller screen fitted in time. I'll be sure to post a pic. To be honest I did a reasonable section of dual carriageway at 70 or so today and not too bad without..

FMraposo

I love the screen from Rizoma, for me has the better look

You can see better here:

YAMAHA: Premium Motorrad-Zubehör Design by Rizoma -
´
a little expensive, but beautiful.

I think it was a marketing play by yamaha because they design the bike without screen and everyone gonna note that is something missing there, and then they sell it as acessory, and we have to spend more money, :mad:

Kaff

I've ordered my bike fitted with the taller Yamaha "Sport Screen". I agree, the smaller one looks way cooler, but I'm hoping the taller screen will serve its purpose - get the wind off my torso on highway speeds.

Phil_B

Let us know what you think of it when you get it Kaff. I'm due one when they're available though may opt for the fly screen as haven't found windblast that bad without.

Will145

Yeah I'd be interested to know what difference it makes Kaff. As Phil said I haven't found the wind too bad without but am definitely interested in getting the screen when available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaff

^&^^ will do.

Unfortunately it might take a month or month and a half for me to get the bike so someone might beat me to it!

timo

Nose screen

Isee jester trick bits do two screens at £67 and £70 yamaha charge at least £100. Might be worth looking at.

allyw71

I've already ordered the taller one for Carolines bike, been almost 2 weeks and its still not here yet, not that we're in a hurry as the bike isn't due until early June

daniele

screen

I love the screen from Rizoma, for me has the better look

You can see better here:

YAMAHA: Premium Motorrad-Zubehör Design by Rizoma -
´
a little expensive, but beautiful.

I think it was a marketing play by yamaha because they design the bike without screen and everyone gonna note that is something missing there, and then they sell it as acessory, and we have to spend more money, :mad:
a good screen from "GIVI" not too expensive, graceful, not too little not too big !

daniele

esiste uno schermo della "GIVI" costo Euro 84, circa £ 90, elegante, di misura per una discreta protezione

blueglue

I went for the Rizoma screen in the end. Better looks probably a little less practical. It does deflect a bit off my chest but my helmet still gets knocked around a bit.

tmp_20140513_124043-638521044.jpg

Last edited: