Screen

allyw71

The Ermax screen I ordered from Jesters arrived today, it looks pretty good, all we need now is for cal's bike to turn up to fit it on

Jon

I got my Yamaha flyscreen fitted at my bike's first service today. Since then I've ridden about 50 miles with it. Conclusion - offers little or no wind protection, looks good, keeps the dead flies out of the front of the bike. It may be deflecting flies away from me too, but nothing obvious yet.Buy it for its looks, not for touring.

Haven't tried getting down on the tank yet - may help lower down.

Will post pictures soon.

Phil_B

Thanks for the feedback John. I was considering caving and going for the fly screen instead if sports. I got a screen in the deal from the dealers so am waiting for yamaha to pull their finger out!

I'll carry on waiting for the bigger one.

mrirvs

I've just ordered a fabbri Gen X sport from Italy, just wanted to be a bit different as wind protection I don't need as I'm OK upto 80 odd.

Plus they have satin black to maybe dress up with an Mt decal.

J.Nicolajsen

Anyone got the Yamaha Fly Screen yet and can report on how well it works in terms of wind reduction or is it purely to keep flies from messing up the ignition/LCD display?
I got it. It doesnt take alot of the wind, but the airflow is nice.
But I think it looks quite allright. :)
image.jpg

amavro

GIVI screen installed .I did noticed a small difference after 100km/h but not what i was expected .DSC_0023.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0022.JPG

P

Peter

The Ermax screen I ordered from Jesters arrived today, it looks pretty good, all we need now is for cal's bike to turn up to fit it on
Which Ermax screen did you order? Normal or sport? Please tell me the wind protection effect as soon as it is fitted.

P

Peter

GIVI screen installed .I did noticed a small difference after 100km/h but not what i was expected
amarvo,

It is huge and no effect? What about the higher speeds? I mean around 140-160 km/h?

amavro

Correction, it has effect, yesterday it was very windy so I got lots of side wind and I was confused. Today It was a lot better, the wind protection over 120km it's way better.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

allyw71

Which Ermax screen did you order? Normal or sport? Please tell me the wind protection effect as soon as it is fitted.
It's the taller of the two, it looks good in the packet :D it will be a couple of weeks yet before cal66's bike arrives, but I will post some pics when it does. I'll have to leave a review of the wind protection up to cal66, as I'm 6'6" (hence the Tiger) it probably won't do much for me.

amavro

Today I did a 100km trip with givi screen. It was more comfortable specially with speeds over 120-140km.. Also this was the first time I reached 180km / h without struggling to keep up with the wind presssure. Since I am 1:80 this proves that tall screen helps.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

timo

I have been going into the dealers every 2 weeks since the 28th of march and every time i go in they say it will be in 2 weeks time they have both coming so i can choose.