Rear End !!

Torque

I've just finished minimalizing the rear of my MT-07 and thought I'd share some photos. The products I used were:

• Evotech Tail Tidy
  • Yamaha LED Indicators
  • Ermax Seat Cowl
  • Bruudt Pillion Footpeg Blanking Plates (cheaper than others)
Shame to put a number plate on really :p

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Noggie

Nice.

About the seat cowl, is it a replacement for the pillion seat? looks really nice from the rear.

I have the Yamaha LED indicators on order, and I planned to go with the ermax tail tidy integrated in the cover.
I doubt I'll ever use the pllion seat, but I'm not sure about replacing the pegs, they appear to be good for crash protection.

Torque

Yeah the seat cowl totally replaces the pillion seat, effectively clipping and locking in place exactly like the seat does.

J-dan

How hard was the tail tidy to fit? and did you need to cut and strip any wires for it to work?
Thanks

Torque

How hard was the tail tidy to fit? and did you need to cut and strip any wires for it to work?
Thanks
It's fairly straight forward to fit but involves removing all the plastics around the rear sub-frame. The quality of the Evotech tail tidy is excellent, everything lines up perfectly and it looks great. Fitting instructions can be downloaded from their website at Tail Tidy for Yamaha MT 07 | Motorcycle Parts | Yamaha Aftermarket Parts

How many wires you have to cut depends on whether you are keeping the stock indicators. If you are keeping them then there is just the LED number plate light to deal with - you have a few choices:

• Cut off the existing connector and crimp on the two supplied connectors.
  • Cut off the existing connector and solder a couple of bullet connectors on, this was my preferred method as I prefer soldered connectors.
  • Somehow make up an adapter cable if you don't want to cut any existing wires.
If you are replacing the indicators as well, then you will probably have to cut off the existing indicator connectors unless you make up an adapter cable. I used the Yamaha LED indicators so cut off the existing connectors and soldered the supplied bullet connectors on.

Last edited:

nobull

Didn't you have to place a resistor in the circuit or replace the relay then? I thought they flashed too fast without one of those two? Looks great by the way, i'm tempted by ermax hugger and undertray but cant find an online supplier for my colour.

Torque

Didn't you have to place a resistor in the circuit or replace the relay then? I thought they flashed too fast without one of those two? Looks great by the way, i'm tempted by ermax hugger and undertray but cant find an online supplier for my colour.
Yeah was going to use the resistors supplied with the Yamaha LEDs but went for the relay swap in the end.

nobull

Thanks Torque/Noggie. Just had a thought about that tail tidy - wouldn't like to crash with it, Tom Sykes at Malaysia 2014 style especially (gets a mega wedgie dragged into space between rear wheel & subframe), very pointy!! But seen bad stuff about corrosion with Yam aftermarket one. Both look a million times better than OE though, esp with the indicators

ArKaine

seat cowl

So is the seat cowl a replacement for the seat or just a cover that goes overtop of the original?

craigieboy

It's a replacement for the seat. And to answer my own post above for anyone wondering, Yes there is more storage room.