Mt-07 With hyperpro lowering suspension kit.

Hi all.
As promised here is my MT-07 back with the Hyperpro suspension front and rear lowering kit fitted.
The height reduction is 20mm lower front and rear.
Fitting took about 2 hours as the kit is designed to fit as a direct replacement to yamaha original parts. cost for the kit is as follows.
Complete Fork spring kit £120. Rear shock spring (available in purple or black) £85.

for me being around 5ft 3 the mt-07 is a tip-toe bike at best and walking it backwards difficult plus dangerous if your foot were to slip. racing bikes i never had a problem as the paddock stand went straight under the rear as you pulled in but you dont have this luxury on the road do you.
so away the bike went to have the work done and i have been riding it very hard for a week now in dry and very wet conditions.
IMAG0481.jpg

first thing you notice is the very bouncy nature of the bike is gone. the front now is much more grippy and better under braking.knees are bent more into the lower of the tank so for me the riding position is pretty much perfect.both feet are now down on the ground and ive already scraped the peg on the left hand side from the lean angles able to achieve.
IMAG0482.jpg

the rear has the purple coloured spring fitted as it looked good with the race-blu scheme. the shock is covered by a shock sock to protect it from the weather. it has little movement in it and now much harder but so far i havnt been moved around in the seat like i was before.pot holes and bad road surfaces you still feel but its not like before as the feedback from the bike is better.
i have posted a pic of the rear clearance between the hugger and bottom of the rear panel and although ive pushed it hard and braked heavy nothing has touched down or locked up so far.
IMAG0486.jpg

the downside if there is one is the sidestand. this needs to be changed as the bike sits high now. i have a smaller stand coming from yamaha to fit the setup perfectly and these will be also available soon.
the ride is improved and for me the bike is very aggressive to ride and looks menacing.if your short in the leg i recommend this hyperpro kit.
also hypropro are releasing the same kit for the mt-09 so even that bike wont be out of reach for many.
IMAG0485.jpg

Last edited:
P

Peter

Hi,

Can I ask you why did you buy the lowering kit?
I'm 5ft 6 (168-169 cm) with short legs, longer body. I had difficulties with my previous bike (BMW F800S). But I've never had problem with this bike. No full foot but who cares about it?
My wife is around 5ft 2 with average leg-body ratio. She can keep her foots on the floor. In my opinion is that this bike is suitable for shorter riders too.
Are you an experienced rider? (I think yes if you have/had a Fireblade)
The seat height of the Fireblade is higher. It is strange.

1a2a3a

Hey BlueMachine, can I just check with you something?

The hyperpro lowering kit that you got is the non-street box version is that right?

Recently, over in my country, they only carry the streetbox version. Mind anyone pointing out the difference?

Ivens

Help

Hi all.
As promised here is my MT-07 back with the Hyperpro suspension front and rear lowering kit fitted.
The height reduction is 20mm lower front and rear.
Fitting took about 2 hours as the kit is designed to fit as a direct replacement to yamaha original parts. cost for the kit is as follows.
Complete Fork spring kit £120. Rear shock spring (available in purple or black) £85.

for me being around 5ft 3 the mt-07 is a tip-toe bike at best and walking it backwards difficult plus dangerous if your foot were to slip. racing bikes i never had a problem as the paddock stand went straight under the rear as you pulled in but you dont have this luxury on the road do you.
so away the bike went to have the work done and i have been riding it very hard for a week now in dry and very wet conditions.
View attachment 1294

first thing you notice is the very bouncy nature of the bike is gone. the front now is much more grippy and better under braking.knees are bent more into the lower of the tank so for me the riding position is pretty much perfect.both feet are now down on the ground and ive already scraped the peg on the left hand side from the lean angles able to achieve.
View attachment 1295

the rear has the purple coloured spring fitted as it looked good with the race-blu scheme. the shock is covered by a shock sock to protect it from the weather. it has little movement in it and now much harder but so far i havnt been moved around in the seat like i was before.pot holes and bad road surfaces you still feel but its not like before as the feedback from the bike is better.
i have posted a pic of the rear clearance between the hugger and bottom of the rear panel and although ive pushed it hard and braked heavy nothing has touched down or locked up so far.
View attachment 1296

the downside if there is one is the sidestand. this needs to be changed as the bike sits high now. i have a smaller stand coming from yamaha to fit the setup perfectly and these will be also available soon.
the ride is improved and for me the bike is very aggressive to ride and looks menacing.if your short in the leg i recommend this hyperpro kit.
also hypropro are releasing the same kit for the mt-09 so even that bike wont be out of reach for many.
View attachment 1297

Please tell me WHERE did you buy this suspension kit?