GoPro Mounting

Noggie

I'm not sure tbh. I had two, both with sticky pads, and they both look the same to me.

I just grabbed one and stuck it on. I wasn't sure how well it would grip but it's surprisingly strong - it certainly isn't coming off any time soon. And I've used the bike in hot weather, piddling rain, on motorways etc. etc.

It's also ultra convenient - the camera just clips on and off in seconds.
I looked at that position, but I did not think it would stick on that surface, might have to stick one there.

As for the pads.
The flat ones have rounded edges, the curved ones are square.
Flat on top, curved at the bottom in this picture.
So it looks like you used a curved one in your picture.

CurvedFlatAdhesiveMounts.jpg

Eddieh93

So I attached a mount on the side of the frame similar to Noggie.

Here is some footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILj92vgFKJo

I quite like this angle as the camera is close to the floor on left turns it took me 2 attempts to get the angle right as I don't have a smartphone that is capable of the GoPro app which all changes today Iphone 6 waiting at home for me (BUZZING).

This weekend hopefully the weather is better than today so I can try attempt 2 of the front mudguard.

Anyone got any ideas for rear facing footage that not on the helmet?

Let me know about this angle.

Noggie

Nice one Eddie

Looks better when you got the camera out a bit more than what I did, nice to see the front wheel and the fork movement.

Eddieh93

Cheers Noggie, ye I liked that also, show's how hard it works you don't realize.

Next stop front fender.

DJP

Out of interest, how do you get your YouTube footage so clear?

My camera produces very good images but YouTube renders it into a grainy mess every time.

Eddieh93

Literally just upload it and change the video to reduce the major shaking motion.

I have some more footage from my helmet facing forward and my chest, however the speedo must be reading wrong :rolleyes::p so I'm a bit dubious about uploading it to YouTube just in case the rozzers see it. Unless someone can show me how to blur my speedo?

Shall I, sharn't I?

Last edited:

Eddieh93

Or can anyone recommend and free video editing software that is capable of bluring parts of a video unlike Windows Live Movie Maker