GoPro Mounting

Eddieh93

What's people favourite mounting position for a gopro or similar camera.,

I've tried helmet and chest but am going to stick a tab to the front mudguard and see how that is.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Noggie

I wanted to mount it on the side, but I don't want to have one of those sticker mounts on my helmet.
My Sena intercom has a clamp that slides up between the shell and the internals of my helmet, I really want a gopro mount like that.
But it looks like I have to make one...... :(

addy

Hey Addy, how exactly do you mount the GoPro on the chin? I've seen that on several videos but always wondered how it was done...
From what I've heard from a few people it depends on the helmet, some are the right shape to fix a mount just to the side but judging by the pic you have a gt air which apparently because of the shape the mount wont fit.

Last edited:

Eddieh93

That pretty cool ReGo to be fair, however it is quite a chunky unit from the photos and 250euro is a bit on the steep size. Nice idea though.

Noggie

I tried to fit the camera on the mirror base using a gopro pole clamp. I was not happy with the result, too much vibration, especially when accelerating. The vibrations from the engine is hard to avoid on this bike, so I think mounting it on yourself is the best for smooth filming.

Eddieh93

gopro have brought out a little infill for the clip that you put in after to minimize the vibrations of things.

large_locking_plug.jpg

Trouble is I have lost mine ...doh...

Eddieh93

Noggie, why don't you want a tab on your helmet I have one and it doesn't affect the helmet. Is it the aesthetics of it?

Noggie

Noggie, why don't you want a tab on your helmet I have one and it doesn't affect the helmet. Is it the aesthetics of it?
Yes. I have a white and red gt-air, and I don't want an ugly black sticker mount on it.
If I had a black helmet I would not mind.
Also by having a clamp like the sena, I could adjust the camera position a little.
I thought about getting some plexi glass and make a clamp, and I could attach the sticker mount to the plexi glass.

Search for sena prism, that is senas camera system and you will see it has a clamp just like the intercom system.

I used a pole clamp that was attached right to the gopro, I did not use a clip like in your picture.

Eddieh93

I can feel that when I use the chest mount I am always trying to not capture just the bike, I took a video and all I got was the speedo and fuel tank.

I will upload some footage from the front fender when I have some and see what you think.

Donut

Noggie

My honest opinion.

Rear facing camera. Nope nope nope, too much vibrations and interference.

Fender camera. Better than expected, however there is no reference point, if it had been mounted further back so that you would have seen the top/front of the fender you would have a reference point on the camera motion.

Chest mount. The best of the 3, the tank and bars give a good reference point in the video and you "feel" more of what is going on.
The only thing is that if might be too much with the tank/bars taking up almost half the screen.

Eddieh93

I really like the front fender, I'm not to sure why you need a reference point in the shot cant see a benefit of it?

I agree with Noggie regarding the rear facing camera far too much vibrations.

Chest mount is a good angle however you get far too much tank and bars not enough road for my liking.

I admit I am fussy and want the best angle going to try a few and see how I get on.