Ermax white/black satin

Torque

Has anyone got any of the Ermax white/black satin accessories such as the rear hugger or rear seat cover? I've just taken delivery of the seat cover and although it's not too bad, the white doesn't quite match the Yamaha white - it's a bit 'duller' in appearance.

On photographs it looks identical because cameras tend to wash out whites. I've attached the best subjective photograph showing 'almost' how I see the difference through my eyes with the seat cover next to the tank. Also a second photograph of the seat cover on the bike to show how it looks brighter due to the washed out whites.

Can anyone compare notes with me on the colour match of theirs?

Attachments

Last edited:

jeppebm

Then i will consider the raw parts in pure white instead of the satin touch! :)..

But yeah those small details is only for the owner to notice :D passing by rolling .... it looks just as white as the rest of the bike! :D
Im going to order the Radiator Side panels that is in black and white... i guess i now have to consider the RAW one that isnt painted.

Torque

I think it's a keeper as it does look really good on the bike, probably just my OCD kicking in. I got my wife's opinion and she said straight away that it does match! (and she can be as fussy as me). Here's a couple more photographs from different angles - tail tidy, LED flashers and removal of rear foot pegs to follow very soon...

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

jeppebm

Jup, she is right. It really does fit it nicely. Where did you order from? im planning on doing it from the french site silverstone - Im getting BellyPan and the Radiator side panels.

MrSquidbeak

Well I'm in the UK and ordered from Jesters Trick Bits. If you order the white/black satin please let me know your thoughts on the colour match.
I know its not white but ordered my Ermax rear hugger in Deep Armor and Satin Black and it looks fantastic! Colour matches so well!
Ordered mine at Jester Trick Bits too (expensive £166 but well worth it). Want to get the matching Belly pan next
10.jpg8.jpg

Torque

I know its not white but ordered my Ermax rear hugger in Deep Armor and Satin Black and it looks fantastic! Colour matches so well!
Ordered mine at Jester Trick Bits too (expensive £166 but well worth it). Want to get the matching Belly pan next
Yeah your hugger looks really good. I think matching a lighter colour (particularly white) is a lot more unforgiving, possibly because our eyes are more sensitive to tonal variations in these lighter colours.

Hammerian

Real shame about the clour match but even so i have to agree it looks superb on the bike.

That good that its something i would consider even though the colour isn't perfect...

Nice One

Ian

Torque

Real shame about the clour match but even so i have to agree it looks superb on the bike.

That good that its something i would consider even though the colour isn't perfect...

Nice One

Ian
I've had another look tonight and it looks loads better! I don't fully understand how - maybe it's a degree of acceptance. However I have noticed that it is very dependent (more so than the Yamaha paint) of its surroundings, i.e. it more eagerly reflects the tone of the colours around it. For example put it near a lot of wood in an area lit with a tungsten bulb and it takes on a brownish tinge, in bright sunlight or bright LED lamps in neutral surroundings it is highly reflective of the 'white' light and looks a lot more like the Yamaha paint.

So different plastic, different paint, different coating, all applied with a different process - I suppose there are bound to be differences. It's a keeper :eek:

Torque

That is exactly the reason that i consider buying the ermax undertail for my race blue ( https://gegshop.nl/en/mt-07/13328-ermax-undertail-yamaha-mt07-2014-2015.html ) ..
Although i like it a lot i'm afraid that probably it would not match the blue of yamaha..
See my post directly above, I think you may be ok as darker colours will probably not be as divergent as the white under different lighting conditions. It is highly subjective though.

In the UK if we order a product over the Internet (distance selling) we have the legal right to return it for a full refund if we are not happy with the product. Is it the same in Greece? If so it may be worth a punt.

Last edited:

geot

I think exactly the opposite about dark colours..
I had a recent example with a paint job to my red coloured car..
Refunding here in Greece is quite frustrating in all terms..

Torque

Last update (I think). I had the bike out in the sun today and the cover really does look fantastic. The white on the cover does not look dull at all in the sun, in fact if anything it is brighter than the Yamaha white! :eek: I think it goes to show that it's the reflective properties that are different, but not different enough for me to be unhappy about it. Conclusion - I'm happy :)

MrSquidbeak

See my post directly above, I think you may be ok as darker colours will probably not be as divergent as the white under different lighting conditions. It is highly subjective though.

In the UK if we order a product over the Internet (distance selling) we have the legal right to return it for a full refund if we are not happy with the product. Is it the same in Greece? If so it may be worth a punt.
The darkness or the Deep Armour works so well on the coloured Ermax hugger I have that I would recomend getting the colour coded ones and will be buying more of there products for my MT