Yamaha LED Fronts Indicator connectors

mrirvs

I replaced the rear indicators with Yamaha LED ones and the connectors din't match the bikes wiring - I assume the front ones are the same, bullet connectors on the new indicators but a single connector on the bikes wiring?

Also as I have the inline resistors on the rear indicators I don't need to fit resistors to the front?

Cheers guys

Paul_R1

The connectors are the same on the front as the back (1 black, 1 grey ) i have just fitted the yamaha LED on the front and back, I fitted the resistors on the back ons and they were'nt needed on the front, good job realy as theres no room for them.
You will find you have to cut a bit of the plastic away on the headlight to make room for the full length of the threaded part of the indicators, Sorry it seems a bit vague but as soon as you try and fit them you'll se what i mean.

Gaz2212

Mandy

This is the best way to fit and work correctly, the fly lead wire just needs connecting to ground. If you use this you don't need the resistors at all
The flasher unit is located behind the left side tank panel. This unit will just plug into the original wiring. Just to add I do not know this seller just had a quick search on the bay

INDICATOR FLASHER RELAY YAMAHA R1-R6 FOR LED BULBS | eBay

Hope this helps

Mandy

Gaz2212

Thanks for the advice,bike in bits relay ordered so when it comes hopefully it will all work also took off resistors too much wiring and if you don't need them what's the point!!!
Thanks again mandy