Would you keep your MT07?

DeadHead

Seems I might be letting my 07 go and going for an 09 after the great deal I was offered today. Just depends on the finance now.

rappetor

If it's mainly about acceleration then you will be getting used to it on every bike. Having owned bigger bikes in the past, the acceleration is a thing you always seem to be getting used to. Up until the point you are constantly fighting a wheelie during hard acceleration of course :)

But it's all personal preference. I like the MT because it's enough HP and torque for me, and so light.. Enough acceleration to be fun (it doesn't feel slow at all, also compared to a bigger bike up until 80 - 100 kmh) and it's so much fun flicking it left and right over curvy roads. You can open the throttle aggressively and don't be afraid strange things are going to happen. Not like a machine with twice the power and torque for example.. It's a very playful bike that also gives you confidence in riding it kinda hard. At least for me it all feels really nice together.

Nah, I can't imagine someone getting bored on the MT. Then you are doing something wrong :p (just kidding, everybody has different expectations and wishes. And there are so many bikes to choose from! )

D

Deleted member 20

It's more fun to go fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike.

Most modern >120 hp naked rigs have lots of electronic rider aids to keep the rider "safe"
- Lower power modes for all situations where grip is not perfect (wet, cold, dirt etc)
- Lower power modes for all situations when you just want to commute or ride along
- Traction control, to keep the rear wheel from overtaking the front
- Wheelie control, to keep the front wheel below your head
- Slipper clutch, avoid rear hopping outa control during downshifts

The MT07 dont need all this computing power to limit it's power, to have fun, and to be safe

Last edited by a moderator: