winter projects and mods!?

jeppebm

What up guys!

My pride n glory is gone for the winter here in Denmark until 1st of march so im trying to keep up to date on the forum and news in general.

But im having mine driven in on a DynoJet, having fitted and tested a Powercommander V4 so the drive should be even better than before.
Had my IXIL HyperLow mounted just before i handed it over to them. But I actually thought i was going to invest in some radiatorprotection, or those sideradiator panels from Ermax during my wait :D

Who is doing or planning what during the winter if you like I, cannot drive until march :D?

Ralph

Don't think you will be disappointed with the Maxton Suspension,
rode 2 V-strom's back to back you could tell the Maxton one as soon
as you let the clutch out.

Nuggets

suspension mods for me too - I think i'll wait and see how Gaz gets on with the Maxton shocks. I'm after cartridges upfront and so far very very few options exist!
I still have my screen to fettle from the Gen-X I bought (too big for the bike) and finally maybe a hugger

Gaz2212

nuggets, exactly what Richard at Maxton is going to do, he says he will probably base front fitment on the gp20 cartridge but will have to make new top mounts as the originals have no adjustment
the rear he says he could work with his nr4 shock or the rt10 with remote adjustment
i'm going to leave my bike with him so he can do all the fitments, once he has these you will be able to order from him to fit yourself, will get plenty of info up when he has done

dazzor

nuggets, exactly what Richard at Maxton is going to do, he says he will probably base front fitment on the gp20 cartridge but will have to make new top mounts as the originals have no adjustment
the rear he says he could work with his nr4 shock or the rt10 with remote adjustment
i'm going to leave my bike with him so he can do all the fitments, once he has these you will be able to order from him to fit yourself, will get plenty of info up when he has done
Very interesting; any idea on total cost for this, back and front?

A fellow biker recently asked me what I thought of the bike now I've done a couple of thousand miles....the first thing I said was..."The engine writes cheques the suspension cannot cash"

It's needs sorting for proper fun to be had in my opinion.

Gaz2212

i've asked Richard this but because he has no fitments yet he says it's difficult to quote, i am meeting with him a week on Monday so will have some better idea then, will let you know what is happening as i go along
agree with you, improve the suspension, improve the fun

dazzor

i've asked Richard this but because he has no fitments yet he says it's difficult to quote, i am meeting with him a week on Monday so will have some better idea then, will let you know what is happening as i go along
agree with you, improve the suspension, improve the fun
Thanks Gaz.

Let's us know the score when you know more....much appreciated.

This is surely the best use of funds for this bike outside of the exhaust, surely?

Plundering my cash on a box of tricks that sits between the ECU and the fuelling for a handful of extra ponies......what good is that if the bike squirms at the first sign of a good ragging on the twisties :)

Last edited:

da1kini

I am putting on: chain guard yama org, led turn signals front n back also yam org and a white bulb in the front light.

jeppebm

I am putting on: chain guard yama org, led turn signals front n back also yam org and a white bulb in the front light.
I see many in here do that thing about changing the front light(bulb) - why is that something you wanna change :D ? ... the original light works just fine, no?

Phil_B

I see many in here do that thing about changing the front light(bulb) - why is that something you wanna change :D ? ... the original light works just fine, no?
For night riding I think the standard light is pretty poor. You can get much better light from an aftermarket high end bulb of the same wattage. It might last a little less time but is very worth the effort for little time and cost.

I have put a Bosch pure light in, and even without this being a super high output bulb the light is much brighter and you can see better riding in the dark.

Nuggets

For night riding I think the standard light is pretty poor. You can get much better light from an aftermarket high end bulb of the same wattage. It might last a little less time but is very worth the effort for little time and cost.

I have put a Bosch pure light in, and even without this being a super high output bulb the light is much brighter and you can see better riding in the dark.
after dabbling with HID (hi/lo unit) which I found to be a dead loss (the solenoid packed pretty quickly and the light wasn't great)

I decided to try LED it's superb for daytime use, it's really bright and I think better in daytime than halogen because of the bulb's intensity. At night time it is also good on dipped beam, the beam length doesn't increase a lot but the light is much whiter and dipped beam area is improved a bit. although I think road signs in the far distance do reflect where they didn't with the stock halogen the high beam isn't as good as I had hoped, it's acceptable but no better than halogen in my opinion.

for £10 can't complain thought especially as there are £60 single bulb solutions out there using pretty much the same technology. Yes it looks cheap and not being a wet weather rider I don't know how it would fair in the wet, but this kit comes with a universal collar system which made it easier to use the bulky bulb with the rubber headlight cover (slipped the cover over the bulb then fitted the spring and collar). I also purchased an H4 male connector and replaced the bullet connectors on the bulb, that way I can switch out the bulb and leave the wiring loom as Yamaha intended (useful in the event of a warranty issue). My only criticism is the fly leads were labelled completely wrong for high/dipped and ground but that took less than 5 minutes to sort out.

bulb link here:

Motorcycle Bike 30W 6000K H4 BA20D H6M Hi/Lo Bi-Xenon LED Headlamp White Light | eBay

H4 connector link here:

H4 9003 #OTH7 HID Headlight MALE Wire Harness plug 2 PCS - UK SELLER #911 | eBay

Hammerian

Going to get the R&G Tail Tidy and Yamaha LED Indicators front and rear. Will also get the Yamaha Sport Screen.

That'll do for me for a while, so i can still enjoy riding it when we do get some good dry weather.

Regards

Ian

addy

I switched my front light for an Osram Nightbreaker, simple change makes a lot of difference.

Fitted heated grips the other day and will order some led indicators soon, after that I will maybe fit the DPM screen if it looks good on the bike.