Tyre wear.

Petegas

Hi fellow MT users, took a trip to the Bike show at Excel a while back and noticed that the MT07 on the Yamaha stand has Bridgestone tyres fitted. I've had my bike a year now and clocked up just over 6000 miles of mixed riding on the O/E Michelin Pilots which have proved amazing and are hardly showing any wear! I feel utterly confident on them and would fit them again, but wonder why Yamaha has changed brands. Any comments?

Ralph

I have the Bridgestone on mine but preferred the Michelin fitted to the demo bike.
they look fine at 3000 miles but just got a very cheap set of Continentals off a new
bike as the owner wanted Michelin so cheap I can bin them if I don't like them and
will try them when I need new rubber.
The MT does not seen hard on tyres not much on the forums about them so most
must be reasonably happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Stock is BT023 or PR3, delivered since first launch. Some bikes got one, some the other. I replaced my stock BT023's for PR4's from day 1 since they grip better on wet roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petegas

Tyre Wear.

Michelin it is then. That's if my tyres actually wear out lol. Thanks for the replies. BTW I've just fitted Pyramid Plastics extensions to the hugger and front mudguard. Easy to fit and good value at less than £50 the pair. Bit late as the weathers now improving down here in Kent! Cheers, enjoy yourselves.

D

Deleted member 20

Got my front Fenda Extenda by mail from Pyramid the other week, have not fitted yet. £15 + £3.75 shipping. Will try to glue it in place using black silicone.

Hammerian

Hi Anders,

Got my front Fenda Extenda by mail from Pyramid the other week, have not fitted yet. £15 + £3.75 shipping. Will try to glue it in place using black silicone.
I fitted my front fender extender with just silicone so no need to drill holes if ever you want to take off again in the future.

Works really well.

Regards

Ham

Ralph

Michelin it is then. That's if my tyres actually wear out lol. Thanks for the replies. BTW I've just fitted Pyramid Plastics extensions to the hugger and front mudguard. Easy to fit and good value at less than £50 the pair. Bit late as the weathers now improving down here in Kent! Cheers, enjoy yourselves.
Yep the daffodils are coming out at the side of our roads up here, natures way of telling us to get the bike out.
I got a Pyramid extender a wile back it came with sticky pads, tried them and it as not moved in about 3000 miles
in all weathers.

Last edited:

DJP

I've got the Bridgestones on mine. I would've preferred the Michelins (I used them on my previous bike) but to be fair the 023s have done 5,000 miles and still have shed loads of tread left.

I reckon I'll get 10k out of them...

Then I'll fit the Michelins!