Tomtom...........?

Yaminator

How many of you guys use a normal TOMTOM/satnav ie; Not a bike specific one and use it wrapped up in some sort of waterproof case for the the bike.....??

Last edited:

Ralph

I have a Garmin and all I did was stick some black duct tape over the speaker
it's been through some serous downpours though I do carry a plastic bag that I can
slip over it I never have.

D

Deleted member 20

I use a Garmin Nuvi 65 LM. That is a £100-ish 6.1 inch 800x480 pix display unit that I have fully waterproofed myself using a tube of silicone and vinyl wrap. It's perfect, works in full on rain and with any gloves on.

Anthony

I got a tomtom rider version 2 for £50 complete with RAM mount and bluetooth headset.

On my old bike I used a cheap phone holder and a waterproof android phone.

Yaminator

I use a Garmin Nuvi 65 LM. That is a £100-ish 6.1 inch 800x480 pix display unit that I have fully waterproofed myself using a tube of silicone and vinyl wrap. It's perfect, works in full on rain and with any gloves on.
and30ers Did you take your sat nav apart to apply the silicone or just apply externally??

D

Deleted member 20

and30ers Did you take your sat nav apart to apply the silicone or just apply externally??
Externally, just a thin strip around the screen where it meets the frame surrounding the screen. Rest of unit wrapped with vinyl, except the 5V MiniUSB power socket.

I also used silicone to glue a RAM ball mount plate to the backside of the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaminator

Just got myself a TomTom go 40 from halfords would you believe only £101.99 with western europe & live traffic. Bargain i think, i just need waterproof case and some imagination & i'm well away.. ;)