The Akrapovic...

Yaminator

Guys I've noticed that while I've been browsing the internet looking at exhausts I can't help thinking what's the difference between the akroprovic's because one has laser etch badge and the other has a sticker..? Could one be a fake.?? Please rest my mine maybe some of you have the sticker one that can tell there is nothing to worry about, Thanks.

D

Deleted member 20

Sticker versions are for US and Canada retail sales, in Europe the deal between Akra and Yamaha is to only sell Akra through Yam dealers with Yam part numbers and high price to follow. European Akra w. sticker sales is "gray import" to avoid Yam markup and profit.

Torque

I'm interested in any differences as well. £600 from Italy for the sticker version or £800 in the UK for the etched version - bit obvious which way I'd go, except for that damn SC Project exhaust @ £500. I'm giving myself until March to decide.

da1kini

Sticker versions are for US and Canada retail sales, in Europe the deal between Akra and Yamaha is to only sell Akra through Yam dealers with Yam part numbers and high price to follow. European Akra w. sticker sales is "gray import" to avoid Yam markup and profit.
I bought mine with the sticker for 790€ installed from my local Yamaha dealer so that is not true. Talked to my yam dealer and they said that such a deal would not be ok because of free market rules. The deal is more likely that the version sold on yamahas sites in europe is a special edition made for the release of the bike early march 2014. Now you can order the one without the sticker from any swedish yamaha dealer and most likely also in other european countries.

No there is no difference in the system it is all the same except for the logo...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I bought mine with the sticker for 790€ installed from my local Yamaha dealer so that is not true.

No there is no difference in the system it is all the same except for the logo...
Guess your dealer didn't get it from Yamaha Motor Scandinavia then, since you would have had the MT07 etched.

da1kini

Guess your dealer didn't get it from Yamaha Motor Scandinavia then, since you would have had the MT07 etched.
No, because that would have cost 300€ more so why would they? :)

Also I have updated my post with more info.

And lets say I order the system from example Garage24.se and I put it on myself. The only difference is the sticker, so why pay so much for that option?

And also, if you look at the akrapovic site they only have the sticker version. So most likely it is a special edition version with the laser engraved system, than a deal between akra and yamaha? Or where did your info come from Anders?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

My mistake, Akra for MT07 is available from Akra resellers also in Europe (not only US).
Looks like it's only KTM group that keep all the Akra-stuff exclusive through their own channels.

View attachment 1482

da1kini

My mistake, Akra for MT07 is available from Akra resellers also in Europe (not only US).
Looks like it's only KTM group that keep all the Akra-stuff exclusive through their own channels.
Nice to here, you got me worried there for a while :)

D

Deleted member 20

Akra for MT07 sold through Akra channels = sticker.
Akra for MT07 sold via Yamaha Motor Corp. to mostly the same reseller base = etched.

Guess price via Yam in most cases will be higher since they traditionally like to rob their customers. This is true for almost all parts and accessories manufactured by someone else and sold in a Yamaha box with Yamaha part numbers. This is also true for all other motorcycle or car brands. What's new? Sample Brembo, Bosch, Givi, Akra, oil and filters etc.

da1kini

Akra for MT07 sold through Akra channels = sticker.
Akra for MT07 sold via Yamaha Motor Corp. to mostly the same reseller base = etched.

Guess price via Yam in most cases will be higher since they traditionally like to rob their customers. This is true for almost all parts and accessories manufactured by someone else and sold in a Yamaha box with Yamaha part numbers. This is also true for all other motorcycle or car brands. What's new? Sample Brembo, Bosch, Givi, Akra, oil and filters etc.
True, sadly but true.
Heres another strange sadly thing. When you look at the akrapovic system on the swedish yamaha site, they have a different warranty and Catalysator text than any other country. It says that if the Catalysator is not installed then not only the exhaust but also engine parts are excluded from Yamaha warranty plan... is that shit even legal?

addy

When I got my bike last year the dealer showed me the cost prices for some items and bikes, he did the akra fitted for £500 which was cost price. I'm assuming cost would be the same across all the dealers so maybe people getting or just got their bikes could sort some kind of deal.

loneranger

Well I like my etched/engraved akra! Even if yamaha charged me £300 quid for the privilege. Im pretty sure the etched version sounds better than that cheap sticker version.............

Noggie

I'll check when I get mine next week.
I bought a bike that was on display and ordered the Akrapovic and some other Yamaha bits through the dealer, so if what you sat is right it should be etched..

D

Deleted member 20

True, sadly but true.
Heres another strange sadly thing. When you look at the akrapovic system on the swedish yamaha site, they have a different warranty and Catalysator text than any other country. It says that if the Catalysator is not installed then not only the exhaust but also engine parts are excluded from Yamaha warranty plan... is that shit even legal?
If you can prove that the specific engine failure isn't caused by the fact that the exhaust is alteted you are fine. Let's say your forks or brakes fail under warranty period, your warranty will cover it regardless of type of exhaust mounted.

da1kini

Well I like my etched/engraved akra! Even if yamaha charged me £300 quid for the privilege. Im pretty sure the etched version sounds better than that cheap sticker version.............
Well since the only difference is a sticker so no...

But if it makes you sleep better at night thinking that I am all for it. :)

Just to be clear I am talking about this version ---> Bad Request not the 3rd one from Akrapovic with a "normal looking muffler"

Last edited:

da1kini

I'll check when I get mine next week.
I bought a bike that was on display and ordered the Akrapovic and some other Yamaha bits through the dealer, so if what you sat is right it should be etched..
Since the system is EXACTLY the same with both sticker versions you will be fine anyway. BUT if you paid about 1000-1100€ without catalysator then you should expect the laser engraved version.

da1kini

If you can prove that the specific engine failure isn't caused by the fact that the exhaust is alteted you are fine. Let's say your forks or brakes fail under warranty period, your warranty will cover it regardless of type of exhaust mounted.
Yes, but my Q was how they can have that rule only in Sweden and no other european countries? I mean if the exhaust can cause engine damage in bikes sold in Sweden then...well you get my point.

D

Deleted member 20

Yes, but my Q was how they can have that rule only in Sweden and no other european countries? I mean if the exhaust can cause engine damage in bikes sold in Sweden then...well you get my point.
Sorry, now I get your point, after reading on the different sites. Don't have the answer.

Noggie

Think it was about 1000€ with the catalytic converter. 8000nok, and the catalytic converter was 800nok.
Exchange rate has changed since then though.

In Amsterdam now after a month in Korea, should be heading to the dealer tomorrow to arrange delivery and will probably have a look at the bike while I'm there.
Feel like a kid on Christmas :)