That'll be the horn in a funny place then?

xt660isgood2

some old bird "I know could of been a bloke" but in this case was a young lady, nearly wiped me out earlier. Went to push horn button and I think I actually turned left.
That horn button seems really hard to find when you need it. As if it will help, but not ya norm bike place. Still best bike since the xt660x just

dazzor

Still waiting for my 07 but yes, on my test ride the switch gear and moreover the position of the horn irked me too.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to replace each side with say FZ6 switch gear? ( don't like the starter/on-off set-up either, thought I did at first but don't now)

TJ63

I like the left switch set up. It's more or less the same as my other bike, so it's easy to move between the two. It used to do my head in when I had my Fazer. Switching between them was always a bit of a pain.

dazzor

I find the switch gear a cramped, budget affair..... Having the horn so close to the indicator is a compromise too far in my opinion, in the name of streamlining/cost-cutting.

Love the bike but for me the switch gear is a caveat I will have to accept.

A trite adage but apt; to each their own :)

dazzor

I like the left switch set up. It's more or less the same as my other bike, so it's easy to move between the two. It used to do my head in when I had my Fazer. Switching between them was always a bit of a pain.
What's the other bike TJ?

dazzor

Nice!

Was tempted by the f800r but the mt07 came up and it seemed more suited for my daily commute.

Ralph

After this rat's nest the 07 is childes play, had the bike over 20 years and still have to check
the idiot lights to see what I have switched on or off, the mot tester just gives up and passes
it.