Sorted the ABBA STAND problem

Yaminator

Its been bugging me for a while now so i thought i'd take the risk?

I hacked off the caps that are on the side covers
so i don't have to keep taking of the side covers every time i want to use the ABBA STAND.
Plus side it looks great and i can now easily use the greatest center stands

Attachments

KEVINJSTANLEY

hi ralf
I bought the adaptors from the bike show for my abba, only to find as you have that the abba don't fit as easily as it did on my previous bike.
I thought about removing those caps but then found that adaptor will not fit inside the shroud and you would need to remove it.
how did you get around this problem

Yaminator

Hi kev it was me that did the mod not ralph
But i just got a hole cutter supported the alloy and cut a circle to open it up..... ;)
hi ralf
I bought the adaptors from the bike show for my abba, only to find as you have that the abba don't fit as easily as it did on my previous bike.
I thought about removing those caps but then found that adaptor will not fit inside the shroud and you would need to remove it.
how did you get around this problem

KEVINJSTANLEY

hi Yaminator

Hi kev it was me that did the mod not ralph
But i just got a hole cutter supported the alloy and cut a circle to open it up..... ;)
righto which hole cutter tho ? I can only think of a brick hole cutter. do you have details icl dimension of the hole cutter you used.

cheers

kev

Torque

I've finally got my side covers modified and powder coated. Thanks Yaminator for the tip for being able to use the Abba stand with the drilled-out side covers. I got mine CNC milled mainly because I haven't got the tooling to accurately drill them - the cost was £20 from a local engineering company. The powder coating was another £20 from a local paint and plating company. So £40, is it worth it? For me it is - I never liked the silver finish, it made them stand out too much and they're not the best looking part on the bike. The black finish blends them in to the body of the bike much more. With the milled-out lower holes, no more dismantling to use the Abba.

EDIT - I also bought some black domed head bolts to replace the silver ones attaching the covers.

IMG_0672.jpg

Last edited: