price of first service

geffd

I traded my Honda in so had transport, must admit wish I had kept the tool kit off it the Yamaha one is crap.

Ralph

When the new Honda CB500 came out it needed a valve check at 600 miles and owners
were being hit with a very expensive first service some over £200 and were not happy,
Yam dealers get about 10% out of a bike I am told so about £520 on a 07 if they sell
a £10000 bike they get a grand so a bit more discount can be extracted.

geffd

True, but they have marked up my cbf trade by £900! To £2,699 I only paid £2950 over 2 years ago from a dealership, so they are making money both ways

geffd

Just had my 1st service, got it for £54 (parts only) and against their will fre datatag bargain. ..... runs much better now with over 700 miles

Koray

It coast me 300 Turkish Lira which makes 103 EURO or 84 GBP or 139 USD.
3x yamalube 14 GBP x 3 = 42 GBP
1x filter 14 GBP
Labor: 28 GBP
Total 84 GBP

motomeek

Just had it done last weekend.

Labor: 2 hours at $80 US (60 EU)/HR. = $160
Parts: $30 (22 EU)
Total = $190 (82 EU)

Finished it in an afternoon. Cheapest labor rate I've found locally. And I'm pretty pleased with their customer service.

Runs so much smoother now. Only difference is finding neutral isn't as easy to find anymore. Always end up kicking it up to 2nd.

Last edited:

Spirit Rider

Just enjoyed demo rides today on both the MT-07 and the MT-09. Superb bikes both. Having enjoyed a delightful hour through the Malverns and surrounding area on the wonderful MT-07, upon returning to the dealership the salesman, quite correctly, suggested that I also try the MT-09 just to be sure in my mind that I'll be making the right choice going for the 07.

The 09 was a fantastic bike but the MT-07 is the way I shall go. Just got to decide which colour, and join the waiting list.

On the subject of first (600 mile) service, I was told that only parts would have to be paid for at a cost of around £40.00

Also I was informed that DataTag security was included for free with my new machine

From what I've read on here about shady practices by supplying dealers it would seem that Skellern's in Worcester are good 'uns. I'm very happy with how they've treated me.

Last edited:

Ralph

Just over £30 £33 I think, they should only charge for the parts labour should be free at least in the UK.

geffd

I paid £40 something for the parts but they did try it on trying to charge me labour. Also didnt want to data tag it but did in the end

BrianSPC

Here in Denmark i paid 164 GBP for my 1000km service. Really expensive i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuggets

Data tag was included before collection. First service (took two hours) included oil and filter change, cost me £54 inc VAT.

da1kini

I am about to pay 178 £ for my service! - Denmark is skyhigh in its prices WAUW!!
well at least they check the body throttle sync in scandinavia :) Look like our pals in other parts of Europe gets their cheap first service at the cost of a lazy mechanic....

BrianSPC

Hi KristianJeppe, I paid 1599 kr maybe my converting made some difference i GBP. Or what did you pay in kr ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesper

Where did you Danish guys get your bike from? I got mine from BikeShoppen. I will have my first service in a couple of weeks, really excited about what I have to pay:)