price of first service

KristianJeppe

Yeah bikeshoppen.
But before service check your manual regarding if Labour should be paid by customer or not. I have paid for it but as I recall you should not. So I will contact the importer and ask. + they put 2x diagnostic via pc on the bill. So check your bill. And tell them not to do anything other than what is stated in the service scheme. As I was there waiting for my service to be finished my bike rolls out the workshop, mechanic goes for a test ride. 30 minutes later I have to ask if he went home on it or is he coming back. So in total not the greatest first experience with this shop. But I hope it gets better.

BrianSPC

They also put 1xDiagnostic on my bill, thinks it was 435 + tax, Why I should pay for that I dont know, the bike is new and the engine light did not light up, so why put a Dianostic on it..... Well of course its ok to read the diagnostics, but dont make me pay for it. I also have som bad experiences from that shop, so I will not use them anymore. Ordered some new bike outfit when I bought the bike, but now 1 month later I still havent recieved it.... And the price on the first service was not what they said when I asked the day I picked up the bike, I paid 1599kr and they said it would bed about 600-700kr.... There also were som problems with the insurance and the financing, it was all wrong, so I ended up woth paying a lot more at pickup. So not impressed at all with them...... I have now cancelled my outfit order, hope they will refound the money soon....

Yeah bikeshoppen.
But before service check your manual regarding if Labour should be paid by customer or not. I have paid for it but as I recall you should not. So I will contact the importer and ask. + they put 2x diagnostic via pc on the bill. So check your bill. And tell them not to do anything other than what is stated in the service scheme. As I was there waiting for my service to be finished my bike rolls out the workshop, mechanic goes for a test ride. 30 minutes later I have to ask if he went home on it or is he coming back. So in total not the greatest first experience with this shop. But I hope it gets better.

KristianJeppe

Same story here, plus i looked over The financing plan, The cost for creating this financing is way higher than any other finance company can do.

BrianSPC

Yes, I also first looked at it when I got home, it is crasy high, I gave 11000kr just for creating the financing.... they never said that to me, they of course only told me how good it was and all that, they really liked to tell me how good a insurance I got with this financing, but when I looked closer at it, then its really not that great, and we paid for it ourself by the creating cost´s. And it dosent really cover much also. I have a lot of the things in my bike insurance, so its more or less useless.

Same story here, plus i looked over The financing plan, The cost for creating this financing is way higher than any other finance company can do.

Jesper

I just had my bike serviced last friday at Bike-Shoppen, I paid 1146 DKK which seems fair enough. They didn't do a diagnostics check though?
What a difference though, it almost feels like a new bike :)

BrianSPC

Weird, The Price on service should be the same, I really dont like that shop anymore.... But your price was a lot more fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadHead

I don't understand the dealers not sorting the Datatag until the first service? what's all that about, is it only at risk after it's been run in? lol

I dealt with Crescent in the Bournemouth, Dorset area. They are a pretty big company with dealerships in Verwood and Southampton as well as Bournemouth and it was my first experience with them buying a new bike. I dealt with a chap called Frank and have to say the whole experience was very pleasant. Got a pretty good deal on my part exchange, got £200 of bits thrown in, they datatag the bike before collection, I received the paperwork a few days before collection, I asked about the first service and he said it would be labour free just give them a weeks notice, the fuel tank wasn't full maybe about 3/4's but I left my bike virtually empty so fairs fair lol. I purchased the bike on a Thursday and picked it up on the following Tuesday, everything was fitted a per my request and ready to go. They have even offered to fit my SC project pipe labour free for me. I personally don't think it's a lot to ask for that kind of service, it's very surprising how often you don't get it though.
I'm thinking of my first ever experience as a yet to be rider 2 1/2 years ago entering a Honda dealership..WOW, just WOW it's amazing I didn't quit riding before i had even started!!

Gee

Phoned my dealer today to book mine in for the 1st service.

Was told that its going to cost £100+ as since October last year, Yamaha do not offer the 'parts only' 1st service. Spoke to Yamaha UK and they confirmed this but did say its down to dealers discretion. Spoke to a few other dealers and they said the same.

I questioned whether the first service was 'parts only' when buying the bike and remember being told it was, dealer now says he didn't tell me that....guess I should have got it in writing. Not happy.

They have offered me a service plan tho @ £370 odd which covers the first 4 services but I have to take it out before the 1st service if I want it. I wont be doing to much milage every year as the bikes a 'toy'. I used to service my Bandit myself so im not completely useless.

What you guys think? Get the service plan? Get the first one done and then do it myself?

RichMT

I've been told the same price by my dealer and it does seem the same for all dealers now. I guess it's part of keeping the original cost of the bike low and competitive.

menzic

I was told about £100 for the first service from my dealer, if it will cost me the same anywhere I will probably go to the place RichMT got his as they are quite a bit nearer home.