Pillion bag

Noggie

Well I never thought I would need to carry anything on my bike as I planned to take it on short trips and day trips, I was not planning on doing any shopping so why on earth would I need a bag? I have my wallet so I should be fine.

Boy was I ever wrong.

On my last day trip I was thinking why the H..... don't this thing come with a bottle holder......
Having to finish whatever drink I bought was hard, and I wasn't going to throw away half a bottle of drinks at every stop either.
And let's just say the Dainese jacket/pants have no room for a bottle, I look like a stuffed sausage in that thing......

Yesterday I made the mistake to take the bike to a shop and ended up buying stuff, after I paid for it I thought to myself "how the H.... am I supposed to get this stuff back home" ( I had to go home and get the car).

After some research I found this collapsible thing from Cycle guys called the Fastpack.
I'm on good terms with eBay so one is on its way to me at the moment.
I did not want a huge box on the back, or on my tank.
This thing can sit on my bike all the time, it can carry a person when collapsed so the pillion is still intact, and I have a small bag to carry stuff, or bail me out when I do unplanned shopping while on my bike.

I'll update when this thing is on the bike, but I think this thing will be great.

foxracer

I generally always have a Kriega US-5 on the back of the bike for bits and bobs I might need whilst out on a ride!

bypasser

Looks alright on that bike. Looks like more room than the kreiga but I wonder how stable it is without compression straps

Yaminator

I have and do the perfect thing for this..
I use a cheap drawstring bag, to which i fold or roll it up and pop it under my seat.
its done everything that i've needed so far. & it dont move about when its on my back even when there's just water inside.. ;)

Donut

I'll update when this thing is on the bike, but I think this thing will be great.[/QUOTE]

I've got one on my bike. The sides are a little flimsy and would ideally benefit from having some sort of fold flat card/plastic that could be unfolded when the bag is unzipped. It's fine if the bag is stuffed full but a little wobbly otherwise. Having said that all I tend to do is re-zip as much as possible to stop excess movement.

Dead handy for stuffing a pair of sunglasses, cigarettes, drink, etc in.

Worth the money for how handy it is - and yes I also carry a drawstring shoulder bag under my seat but this is so much quicker and easier to use.

Noggie

I got mail !!!!!
Was very surprised to find this thing in the mail today, did not expect it for another week or so.

What can I say....

Well, here it is, as you can see it has a slightly tapered shape just like the pillion seat on the MT07.
This one is called the CG2-03, and fits the FZ-07 according to the cycle guys website.
IMG_0250.jpg

Underside shows the elastic and the velcro like straps to hold it in place on your seat.
IMG_0251.jpg

I then placed my comfort pillion seat on to of it to check the size.
As you can see the seat is slightly longer, and the bag is slightly bigger in the corners.
IMG_0252.jpg

Here the bag is on the seat, those velcro straps actually attaches to each other, so where the X is all 4 straps are attached.
Here you can see that the edges are larger than the seat.
IMG_0253.jpg

Here it is on the bike, and I think it blends in nicely, had I not known it, I may have thought that was the pillion seat.
I did notice it could move around a little on the seat, but not something I worry about.
IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg

But how big does it get?
Well, I went into my garage where I have a typical grocery store plastic bag with old clothing I use for rags.
I stuffed the bag full, and it held more or less everything, so it will hold about the same as a shopping bag, and the pictures shows the size.
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg

Cant wait to put it to use, think it is a nice practical and subtle addition to the bike.

Last edited: