OEM heated grips

Ipman

Now the Yamaha heated grips are in place. Needed to glue them because they have hard "ribbed" inside, which required glue in order to stay in place. Made the choice to use a relay, controlled by ignition, feels safer..;-)

20151108_164221.jpg

It was a tight squeeze to get the relay and extra fuse to fit next to the battery! I soldered a relay control feed from the 2A Aux fuse, so everything feels safe...

20151108_164522.jpg

/Ipman

Ipman

Have only tried them in the garage, season is over up here. They have 3 different programmable power settings, set them on the middle one and they got really hot in about 2 min when turned on max... (But it's 18C in the garage, so I guess I will se IRL when spring comes...)

/Ipman

sharky

How much did they cost? Are they MT7 specific? My Yamaha dealer said they don't make them for MT7!

Ipman

They're not MT07-specific, but they are listed as MT-07 accessory on the European site, part nr YME-F2960-00-00

Costs about €150, expensive, but I wanted the integrated look..:cool:

/Ipman

e4xit

Cheers mate! Yeah they look tight; I've been holding off on heated grips as I didn't want that huge box on the bars... I think these I could go for though.

One final question, do you think the stock bad ends will still fit on or did you have to add some different bar ends or anything (ie do I need any other bits to fit or can I just buy that part and fit)?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ63

If it's the size of the control switch which is putting you off, have a look at Daytona heated grips. Their switch is tiny compared to others, and the grips are very good.

sdrio

Another solution to the big box is to get the scooter version of the oxford grips.

Same hardware on the handlebars, but they have a very small lo-off-hi rocker switch. Mine is fitted into the side panel of the tank assembly.

I got them because the switch on the full version failed on mine. They work fine though. Half the price if the full set too, I paid £45 per set (have thrm on 2 bikes).

e4xit

Thanks for the suggestions guys, still think I'm really digging that integrated look, just need to decide if it is worth the $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipman

I have R&G barends, put there by the previous owner, so I don´t know for sure, but the handles was the same length as original rubber so I can't foresee any problems with that...

/Ipman

DMF

Had no idea Yamaha had a heated grip accessory! It drives me crazy they don't offer everything to the US market. I had to order my top case through Canada and it looks like I might have to order these grips from Germany.