New to biking, starting in winter on MT-07

Stil

Hey all,

I'm new to biking and am playing with the idea of getting an MT-07 in Jan for commuting purposes, this will be my first bike.

As its going to be Winter and riding will be more treacherous how do you think the MT-07 will fare?

jeppebm

Its a nice bike for commuting - ive done both that and the fun rides along the twists and turns outside of Copenhagen.

With the torque it has you better be a little extra careful when applying the throttle - cause its a speedy thing this :D - and for it to be your first bike and then in the wintertime... new tires and wet surfaces .. could be "interesting" :D.

Will145

Yep to echo what jeppe said it really is a great bike for commuting, so light and agile for filtering and punchy enough for easy overtaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzor

Bought for the purpose of commuting here. The fun-factor making this bike my first choice as having fun on the way to work is nice.

Like some members here, I've been biking for quite a while and this bike felt like more fun for me than some more "serious" bikes I've ridden and owned.

To me this bike is a bit of an all-rounder for sure.

Easy to ride, yes. The torque is nice, but not arm-wrenching. It's a 180kg bike making about 45lbs on the back-wheel. Ride a 1199 Ducati if you want serious torque, lol.

Be safe and enjoy

Darren

Last edited:

neal2000uk

I'm quite new to biking too and chose the MT-07 as my first big bike. I also use it for commuting and it's a great bike for that purpose. like the others said, torque good for overtaking and easy enough to get the front of any traffic lights too.

you won't regret it!

S2VML

I am buying it for commuting too. Loved it straight away when I test rode it few weeks ago. Picking it up next week. Can't wait !!
I still love my "serious bike" too - S1000RR.

dazzor

I am buying it for commuting too. Loved it straight away when I test rode it few weeks ago. Picking it up next week. Can't wait !!
I still love my "serious bike" too - S1000RR.
Great "other" bike that. I don't have time to ride outside of my daily commute sadly...... Having kids has seen to that. (Late starter in terms becoming a dad you see)