New member London

GaryS

Hello my name is GaryS I'm a new MT owner and I thought I would join up as I used the forum to make some buying decisions and was a member of CBR1000RR when I had a Blade ( before a couple of thieving little twats stole her two weeks ago). Unfortunately it's hard to have a sports bike in London unless you have a secure garage at home and work and take your bike everywhere you go. Football, bowling, toilet etc. I got fed-up with the anxiety and the cost so I decided to get the best non- sporty I could. That bought me here. Other than missing the power surge handling and the slipper clutch I'm loving my MT more every day. On my first ride I though she had cut out as I opened the throttle and felt the engine stutter! I had accidentally gone up to the rev limiter in first. I just needed to re programme my brain and right hand which took about 15 mins. The front wheel likes to pop up! Excellent! I have the ABS and my slow low rolling stoppies are a thing of the past now too but other than the super soft suspension I have no complaints - I'm even falling slightly in love with her. Anyway this is just to introduce myself. The CBR forum was really good with lots of helpful guys and I hope I have the same experience here. She's a yellow late 2015 model and currently totally standard although I aim to change that when I can ( afford it). Cool- thanks. Good to be here.GaryS

Donut

Hello and welcome.

It really is a little gem of a bike and huge fun can be had on it.

Yes, it is a little under specced in places but with time and a little money............

GaryS

Upgrading

Welcome GaryS, enjoy the forum and the bike.
Thanks guys
This question has probably been asked a thousand times and I think I've read many of the replies in short posts but the best upgrade I ever bought for my sports litre bikes was BST Carbon wheels- more beautiful than Scarlett J in a mink on a Panigale. However if you guys had to go choose and didn't want to go too OTT what would you say the main choices are on a MT? I was thinking R&G all round perhaps a suspension upgrade but beware I bought an Ohlins 46 for my R6 years ago and accentuated the weakness the front end so I'm thinking a full suspension but keeping overall cost down maybe maxton rear unit and front springs, better levers probably shorties carbon heel plates and a tail tidy and last which aftermarket. I'm a Termi man by habit but looking at stainless or carbon akra ? Which is the best mini headlight unit- I'm thinking minimal for looks rather than air effect which will be neglegable I reckon?
Any info you guys can give me or good UK outlets much appreciated - she is a yellow 65 plate ex- demo with 1200m on the clock and I want to put some love into her. Thanks - ride safe. GaryS

robodene

There's quite a bit in the Modifications section. For me its the seat that required attention; and Evotech crash bungs added. And now a ghost camera fitting.That's it for me.