need help crashed mt-07

tedhankey

hello i had a truck pulled out of side road in my path i hit truck driver side it was not my fault.the bike need a new front end on it about &2000 damage to my mt-07 they is a bit of damage to the frame the bike is not at a yamaha dealer its at 4th Dimension.they said they can repair damage to the frame.i want to sent it to a yamaha dealer for they can have look.at my insurance company are going to charge my 800+i have sort pick of my bike.i live in leeds my bike is in london at 4th dimension.any info for my next move

Attachments

Last edited:

Knawful

Found ya post a bit hard to decipher...
Truck drivers insurance should pay for it..Providing he had insurance.
That's how it works down here.
The 800 is probably your excess.

tedhankey

my excess is 500 if i get the repair do with 4 th dimension if i want to send to my yamaha dealer £800 pound +pick up charge then storage charge on top. cheer for the info.i live in leeds where got my bike from is in keighley 20 miles away.

sdrio

my excess is 500 if i get the repair do with 4 th dimension if i want to send to my yamaha dealer £800 pound +pick up charge then storage charge on top. cheer for the info.i live in leeds where got my bike from is in keighley 20 miles away.
Sounds like you're claiming on your own insurance. If it's the other drivers fault, you shouldn't need to do that.

First thing I'd do is check my policy, see if it has legal cover included. If it does, just hand the whole mess over to them.

tedhankey

i know but they are take there time the said the claim all back from him i got fully com insurance got legal cover.

sdrio

i know but they are take there time the said the claim all back from him i got fully com insurance got legal cover.
So I'm confused now.

You've had a crash, it's not your fault, you have legal cover on your policy, but you're asking us how to deal with the fact you're claiming against your own insurance, and are being asked to cover the excess?

The answer is, don't do that. Use your legal cover, get them to claim against the person whose fault it was, on your behalf.

Phil_B

Sdrio, having been in this position with the car before I'm pretty sure you have pay your excess/costs to get the job done and it's claimed back afterwards. As the injocent party - this sucks... but proving liability can take quite a bit of time and no one fixes anything until they've had your money. They take your money much quicker than getting it back for you too. That's why they're so often thought of as bastards!

sdrio

Sdrio, having been in this position with the car before I'm pretty sure you have pay your excess/costs to get the job done and it's claimed back afterwards. As the injocent party - this sucks... but proving liability can take quite a bit of time and no one fixes anything until they've had your money. They take your money much quicker than getting it back for you too. That's why they're so often thought of as bastards!
Amen.

I'm still confused though. Luckily I haven't been in this position since one of my colleagues crashed my company car in 1995 :D