MT-07 Trade In

Eddieh93

I was wondering weather anyone has traded in their MT-07 for the MT-09.

I am on a MT-07 and was thinking of trading in and swapping for the MT-09 does anyone know what value Yamaha will give for my 2015 MT-07 so I could get a rough value of what I would need to pay.

Also has anyone rode both bikes, did you have a favourite is the MT-09 similar but with more speed or better bike all together.

Advice would be appreciated.

Ed

sdrio

I found the MT09 was a bit of a brute. It feels much bigger than the MT07, and the drive train feels snatchy.

Other have said the same, but I'm sure you;d quickly get used to it.

It's quite a bit faster.

Eddieh93

Cheers Sdrio.

I am currently on a restricted MT-07 but will be taking my full test again next year going to ride the unrestricted MT-07 first, but was wondering what the deal would be with trading in mine for the MT-09.

If it happens I would be going for a new MT-09 and Yamaha have fixed the snatchy throttle response with a fuel map apparently.

Donut

I was wondering weather anyone has traded in their MT-07 for the MT-09.

I am on a MT-07 and was thinking of trading in and swapping for the MT-09 does anyone know what value Yamaha will give for my 2015 MT-07 so I could get a rough value of what I would need to pay.

Also has anyone rode both bikes, did you have a favourite is the MT-09 similar but with more speed or better bike all together.

Advice would be appreciated.

Ed
Get a test ride a form your own opinion would be my best advice.

However, as you asked I shall say that I preferred the 07 to the 09. Fantastic engine on the 09 I just didn't like the riding position which, to me, felt a bit like sitting up on the tank and a bit like a super motard.

Give one a go and see what you think.

DJP

3 replies and no-one addressing the actual question? C'mon guys!

OK, there's 58 MT07s for sale from dealers on MCN. The cheapest (2014 with 8,500 miles) is about £4,500. Most are upwards of £4,800.

I would therefore guess at a minimum of £3,500 and possibly up to £4,000 as a trade in - especially if you're trading in against a new Yamaha.

nobull

On a 2015 bike I would guess you'd get around £4300 if its in mint condition, based on previous experience alone.

Eddieh93

Bike is still in mint condition got 2000 miles on it but like foxracer says "still got a year to go" and my bike is my only mode of transport for now so the figure 8,500 miles for £4,500 is probably what I'm going to be looking at.

Like I said I am on a restricted license so cant actually ride the 09 yet, however I will wait until I can to make my mind up. Really love the MT-07 its an awesome bike to ride so easy, pulls in every gear just really like the looks of the 09 think it looks a lot more aggressive plus missing the noise from the MT-07 I was after with a big bike.

Cheers for you advice guys.

sdrio

3 replies and no-one addressing the actual question? C'mon guys!

OK, there's 58 MT07s for sale from dealers on MCN. The cheapest (2014 with 8,500 miles) is about £4,500. Most are upwards of £4,800.

I would therefore guess at a minimum of £3,500 and possibly up to £4,000 as a trade in - especially if you're trading in against a new Yamaha.
Must have misunderstood the bit where he wrote "Also has anyone rode both bikes, did you have a favourite is the MT-09 similar but with more speed or better bike all together."

geffd

I have just traded my 2014 mt07 in for a V-Strom 2014 with onky 750 miles on. My mt had done 4400 miles and was due a service I got £4000 for it only offered £3500 against a new Kawasaki.
I have rode a Mt09 Tracer and loved it . No hasle with the twitchy throttle you get on the mt09 and better switch gear and instruments. Shame it was out of my price bracket.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nobull

Don't want to rain on your parade but if you get that as a trade in with 8500 miles on the clock and another year older you'll be a genius and the salesman will be jobless! I wish you all the best with it though.
Bike is still in mint condition got 2000 miles on it but like foxracer says "still got a year to go" and my bike is my only mode of transport for now so the figure 8,500 miles for £4,500 is probably what I'm going to be looking at.

Like I said I am on a restricted license so cant actually ride the 09 yet, however I will wait until I can to make my mind up. Really love the MT-07 its an awesome bike to ride so easy, pulls in every gear just really like the looks of the 09 think it looks a lot more aggressive plus missing the noise from the MT-07 I was after with a big bike.

Cheers for you advice guys.

Couchy

My 2015 abs was 6 weeks old and had 400 miles on and cost me £4900 from a dealer, you'll be lucky to get much over £3500 part ex unless the dealer needs the sale

Eddieh93

Cheers guys, I'm not actively looking yet as I still have got to wait a year to retake my test was just trying to get a rough idea. My mind wont be fully made up until I have ridden the MT-09, but by the reviews it sound right for me, I love the looks and the sound so I'm pretty set on one but as I said I need to ride it first.

Anyone got one they fancy lending me for an hour :p

sdrio

Cheers guys, I'm not actively looking yet as I still have got to wait a year to retake my test was just trying to get a rough idea. My mind wont be fully made up until I have ridden the MT-09, but by the reviews it sound right for me, I love the looks and the sound so I'm pretty set on one but as I said I need to ride it first.

Anyone got one they fancy lending me for an hour :p
If you've got a licence for one, just book a test drive.

If you haven't, I'm guessing you won't get many takers on that request. :eek:

Eddieh93

Completely agree Sdrio, I know I wouldn't let some randomer ride my bike without the correct documentation more of a joke really.

Test drive will have to wait at least I have something to look forward to eh?! :cool: