Mirror mount, levers uneven height

alcooly

I only noticed the other day when my hand guards were out of line that my levers are not the same height. Is this just the way it is or am I going bonkers?

The only way to make my levers the same height is to have the mirror mounts offset, so the left mirror mount does not point straight up. Anyone got any ideas about this?

KEVINJSTANLEY

I will have a look at mine, can't say I have noticed the levers being different...the guards however do tend to move a bit.

D

Deleted member 20

It's a Yamaha feature. All Yamahas. Angle between lever and mirror mount differ left and right side. Don't bother. Ignore it. Get used to it.

Ralph

Many bikes are like that think it's so to make it easy'er to pull the brake were it does not need to move much but needs more pressure
and make it easy'er to pull the clutch a longer way.

alcooly

Thanks for your replies. Just wanted to confirm I wasnt going mad! Only noticed it when trying to even up the hand guards. Couldnt see any way these parts would have been bent so was thinking it was "normal" :)

Simoncrp

I just noticed the same thing. I think it's because the left hand mirror is attached to the clutch lever so when the clutch is in the correct position the mirror ends up being slightly angled.