Licence plate holder

sdrio

Thanks !
Here,in Poland mounting licence plate is legal as long as you don't drill inside letters and numbers .I've drilled mine on the EU stars singn and hologram as well :D
How about plate dimensions in the UK?They looks slighly bigger then ours here.(about 190mm X 150mm in vertical)
Not sure there's a limit on size, but the characters have to be set out in 2 lines, and have size and font specifications. There are rules about spaces between the letters and the edge of the plate etc.

We can drill through the letters/numbers, you just use an appropriate coloured bolt (they're plastic), so if you bolt through a letter, you use a black one, if the plate, a yellow one. (or white for front of cars).

It's not uncommon for bikes to have really small plates. They're probably illegal, but they have them. Mine is standard, and probably about the same size as yours, give or take a cm or two.

I think your tail tidy would fit OK, maybe the bottom would need to be shorter if someone was using a small plate though. I'll measure mine later and tell you the size of a standard one.

Are you planning to sell them? I was thinking of making one myself, but yours seems to be better than anything I could do.

NastyMosquito

Are you planning to sell them? I was thinking of making one myself, but yours seems to be better than anything I could do.
Well,yes...
At the very begining I was thinking to make maybe 5-10 of them but the whole process took almost two months and quite amount of money:D .I have broken few plastic parts ( at least 20 times I was disassembling and reassembling my bike to fit project after project).
I already got 20 pcs but the manufacturer screwed the angle and forgot to drill two holes for the plastic tie to keep wiring in one place.
Anyways I send new order to the factory and I should reiceve package before next friday (HOPE SO!)
So ,fingers croosed:)
Are you interested buying one...?

sdrio

Well,yes...
At the very begining I was thinking to make maybe 5-10 of them but the whole process took almost two months and quite amount of money:D .I have broken few plastic parts ( at least 20 times I was disassembling and reassembling my bike to fit project after project).
I already got 20 pcs but the manufacturer screwed the angle and forgot to drill two holes for the plastic tie to keep wiring in one place.
Anyways I send new order to the factory and I should reiceve package before next friday (HOPE SO!)
So ,fingers croosed:)
Are you interested buying one...?
Yes, I think it looks good. Depends on price - as I said I was planning to make one myself, but I'm interested.

Meantime, my plate, which is as far as I know a standard UK bike plate, is 240mm wide by 170mm high. You'd need to be at least 10mm from the sides to fix it.

NastyMosquito

I think the price would be around 40€ with the SMD LED light.Have to count all the costs and stuff-I also have a "partner" and he is the brain of the operation-Iam just the guy with the bike and loads of ideas but without technical background/experience:):)
I have to send new order for another part-adjustment for the stock indicators -it will make possible to mount'em on the tail.

sdrio

I think the price would be around 40€ with the SMD LED light.Have to count all the costs and stuff-I also have a "partner" and he is the brain of the operation-Iam just the guy with the bike and loads of ideas but without technical background/experience:):)
I have to send new order for another part-adjustment for the stock indicators -it will make possible to mount'em on the tail.
That's about the cheapest I've seen them sold for. Yamahas original is nearer 100.

Let me know when they're ready.

Alex_AC

NastyMosquito

Thanks bud:)
I was jus curious-are you able to make few photos from uderneath-I just want to see if there is some gaps left after mounting the tail:)BTW-does reflective light reflects any-light -it's angled a bit and in my opinion it supose to be in horizontal position...(?) :p
In other words-if you stand 10-15 metres behind your bike and point the flashlight on the tail- is reflective reflecting...?

Last edited:

joeharth

Just finish chopping my fender off. Needs a little plastic cover or may be a little sanding. Looks a little better than stock may be

NastyMosquito

So.....
Here are the results...

Made of powder coated galvanized steel ,so it wont get rusty when spalled or chipped .

If anybody is interested just let me know.

Last edited: