Licence plate holder

da1kini

I went back to the dealer that got me the kit and he gave me this out of another box as I didn't have one. I have now fitted this too.

I love the look of the bike now, with a 7 x 5 licence plate it looks amazing from the rear, the tyre looks HUGE :)
Nice! Yes they look badass with the short tail ;D

J-dan

Has anybody got the R&G one? as that looks okay. but unsure if I will need to change wiring for the light.

da1kini

Has anybody got the R&G one? as that looks okay. but unsure if I will need to change wiring for the light.
Need to change the Led light for the original yamaha tail tidy as well so don't think you can get away from that just yet.

towner87

I fitted the Powerbronze tidy tail and got a smaller plate. Really makes the back look like it should. I will put on some before and after pictures soon.

P

Peter

This is my license plate holder:

IMAG0570.jpg

Original Yamaha stuff. Quality is OK. The only problem is the cheap Chinese LED plate light. It emits light to side direction and the light angle is too low. The visibility is not perfect at night. As you can see I mounted the original plastic holder frame so the location of the plate is a bit different. But no problem, I will solve it soon.

The bike look better now.

NastyMosquito

Hi.
I was thinking how its going to look like after mounting. This curved part seems to leave a"hole" under the tail light....
BUT....!
I've been working on my own project for the last couple of weeks(if not to say months:) ).Have loads of ideas for mods and also access to production(CNC and other stuff:) )
This is the result of my first project:
20140907_135028.jpg

Well,so far I've ordered from the "factory" 20 pieces of that :)
Sorry for the size of the pictures-Im new to this forum and will get better next time :p

Attachments

Last edited:

hahapik

Well,so far I've ordered from the "factory" 20 pieces of that :)
Hi,

It seems, that some of your pics are missing. I personally use imagesia.com, you just slide your pics on the website and copy the forum link.

If you were producing parts, please let me know, I might be interested in some of them.

Cheers from Sopot,

Piotr.

NastyMosquito

Hi hahapik-thanks for the clue how to upload photos:)
At the moment , Im stuck on the radiator guard project and windshield project as well.

sdrio

Hi hahapik-thanks for the clue how to upload photos:)
At the moment , Im stuck on the radiator guard project and windshield project as well.

I think that looks really good.

Would need adapting for a non polish bike though, our plates bolt in a completely different place.

da1kini

Would need adapting for a non polish bike though, our plates bolt in a completely different place.
So your plates comes pre drilled? Otherwise it mounts where you drill your holes :D

Last edited:

NastyMosquito

Thanks sdrio:)
I see your location and wondering where you coming from...?
Like da1kini asked-do you get your plates pre-drilled...?
That would make no sense to me as there is loads of different tails on the market...
Anyways,mine has a slight adjustment but only tiny one...
Here is almost final product I've got.
There will be two aditional tiny holes to keep indicators wiring tidy (with the plastic tie).Waiting for the final product till the next week:D

Last edited:

sdrio

Thanks sdrio:)
I see your location and wondering where you coming from...?
Like da1kini asked-do you get your plates pre-drilled...?
That would make no sense to me as there is loads of different tails on the market...
Anyways,mine has a slight adjustment but only tiny one...
Here is almost final product I've got.
There will be two aditional tiny holes to keep indicators wiring tidy (with the plastic tie).Waiting for the final product till the next week:D
As you mention it, it probably wouldn't matter, you'd just drill to fit the tail tidy. UK plates are simple plastic, they don't have any kind of tags etc on them. We just go to a shop that makes them, show our registration papers and they make them on the spot.

Normally there are two fixing bolts, each about half way down the plate and 5cm or so in from the edge, but I doubt there's any legislation covering it. So long as you can see the plate, it's legal.

I think it's a nice piece of work.

[edit] I'm in London!

Last edited:

NastyMosquito

Thanks !
Here,in Poland mounting licence plate is legal as long as you don't drill inside letters and numbers .I've drilled mine on the EU stars singn and hologram as well :D
How about plate dimensions in the UK?They looks slighly bigger then ours here.(about 190mm X 150mm in vertical)