Huge screen

rappetor

I can see it having it's purposes, e.g. for commuting etc. Or very long trips perhaps. Looking at the MadStad site they also have a version you can easily remove and replace by a smaller screen. So I guess there is a market for that stuff.. like the dude sitting on the bike in the video :p

I have an MRA screen now (smoke grey). Also looks huge on pictures, but in real it looks much better. Personally I think that is a nice tradeoff between looks and function. But some also don't like the look of that screen. Can also understand that :)

addy

WOW, that looks like it won't stay in position once you get going and the airflow starts to hit it!

Skidmarx Touring Screen is quite huge too:
Yamaha MT-07 Fly Screen Kit - Touring Style - Skidmarx UK Ltd

Does anyone have any feedback on it? Would like to see a full-bike picture with it...
I emailed the company as I was interested in a couple screens and they sent me these pics of the touring and d/b screen.

Not sure which one I want to try.

ReGo

I emailed the company as I was interested in a couple screens and they sent me these pics of the touring and d/b screen.

Not sure which one I want to try.
They both look cool and apparently offer loads of protection. I see why you´re not sure which one to go for. When you eventually make up your mind do post some pics and/or video review.

Vasago

WOW, that looks like it won't stay in position once you get going and the airflow starts to hit it!

Skidmarx Touring Screen is quite huge too:
Yamaha MT-07 Fly Screen Kit - Touring Style - Skidmarx UK Ltd

Does anyone have any feedback on it? Would like to see a full-bike picture with it...
MadStad’s windshield has to be secured before riding. This guy simply shows adjustment range without locking it.
BTW, I like these windshields from Skidmarx. Maybe it’s because of angle and headlight cover, but touring version looks really cool. Much better than the sport one.

addy

IMG_20150420_132711.jpg
IMG_20150420_132823.jpg

Only installed it this morning so not much time to test but it definitely made a difference. The air was much cleaner around my helmet at 70 mph so it was more comfortable and I was mostly getting hit on my shoulders (i'm 6ft).

ReGo

Hmm, I´m still not 100% convinced this is the screen for me. I def like the DB better over the Touring one but it´s hard to tell how that makes the overall bike look like. What is your opinion addy regarding the looks of the bike with this particular screen on it?

Vasago

Could you show us more pictures please? More thoughts about quality and riding experience would be also greatly appreciate :)

addy

IMG_20150420_132723.jpg

I'll try and take some pics showing the bracket over the next couple of days. Quality of the screen and fittings seems top notch, everything lines up. I prefer the naked look but I wanted something for the longer miles over summer and to be honest after the ride the screen kinda grew on me, I think it actually suits the bike a lot better than those puig screens and I worried about the damage and slanted top on the ermax screens. Definitely one of the better screens if you want some protection.

Weirdly I seem to be at the right height for the screen as the air feels clearer around my helmet, when I tucked down a bit there was a lot of turbulence. As I said before I don't get hit much in my stomach/chest area but more so in the shoulders now.

Last edited: