Ed's Modifications

Eddieh93

Hi all,

So finally got most of my modifications on still got a few bits to add on but here goes anyway.

First things first was to sort them long levers out so I brought a pair of £15 ebay special levers.

IMG_20150630_185650.jpg IMG_20150630_185655.jpg

Next thing was to get the ghastly foot pegs sorted, there is something about the big bulky rubber foot pegs that I hate so went for another set of ebay special foot pegs (can you tell I love ebay?)

IMG_20150630_185707.jpg IMG_20150630_185833.jpg

While were on the subject of foot pegs I got rid of the passenger foot pegs and got a Bruudt set of cover plates with the rear brake resevior adapter.

IMG_20150630_185714.jpg IMG_20150630_185828.jpg

Had a little trouble with the Bruudt resevior adapter as the reservoir just touched the frame but I have angled it slightly to accommodate not a major issue.

I also brought all the R+G crash bobbins the rear axle stand sliders and front axle sliders because you never know and I have crashed before and the cost of repair was expensive and don't fancy that again.

IMG_20150630_185736.jpg IMG_20150630_185741.jpg IMG_20150630_185748.jpg

Next on the agenda was a tail tidy, as I had brought the Bruudt cover plates I went for the Bruudt tail tidy and I must say was impressed with the sturdy build quality. It all fitted spot on the only slight issue I had was getting the cover underneath the tail back on with the 4 push clips It. seem like it was holding a lot of pressure for such a small panel...anyway, finally got it on with a bit of Pop-eye persuasion and some RTV (aviation glue).

IMG_20150630_1t92422.jpgIMG_20150630_192510.jpg

I have got a couple of more thing I want to do
1. Moto Cage screen
2. Radiator Guard (ordered)
3.Carbon Fibre Heel plates (i'll see what they look like after i install them might stick with orginal.)
4. Zard or SC Project exhaust (still undecided)

Didn't take me long to fit that tail tidy which was done last night and here was the aftermath........
IMG_20150630_190013.jpg

So here is the finished project...........for now.

IMG_20150630_1924l58.jpg IMG_20150630_192442.jpg IMG_20150630_192510.jpg

Thanks guys, any questions just ask me.

Ed

Last edited:

Noggie

let me know how you like the pegs after some miles.
was looking at those on ebay too, but I'm holding back a bit until I hear someones impression of them.

rest of the stuff looks really good.

Eddieh93

Hi Noggie and cheers,

Had the pegs on for a little while now and they have been fine no problem, thought my boots might slip around a bit but absolutely not the pegs are perfect, don't be alarmed when installing them as on the left and side you have to remove the gear shifter there is no way around it but once thats off its an easy as pie job.

CVSensei

I hadn't actually considered getting new pegs but now I'm really tempted.. Also interested to see how you get on with them. Is removing the gear shifter foolproof? Don't want to mess around with it if there's potential for it to go wrong.

Eddieh93

Not hard at all CVSensei, don't be frightened to remove it like I was, though I was going to mess the bike up :rolleyes:

But here is a picture with a bit of info for you. Cant remember what size allen key you need it is bigger than the ones under the seat maybe a 5 or 6 mm.

IMG_20150630_185837FORUM EDIT 2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

CVSensei

Thanks bud, much appreciated! How much were the pegs? Definitely going on my list :D

Think I'll need to get some black rearsets to match, I'm planning on getting the big silver bar (not sure on name) next to it powder coated black anyway so I reckon it'll look really tidy with these as well.

Eddieh93

No problem CVSensei.

Here is the link for the foot pegs that I brought paid £28 including P+P
Billet Black Anodized Front Foot Pegs For Yamaha MT-07 13 14 15 | eBay

Trouble with buying the whole rearset is they are about £360!!! Expensive, if your going to get "that bar" powder coated then you could always just take the original rearsets off and powder coat them too. ye I think that would look pretty sweet.

I don't think there is an actual name for "that bar" which it will now be referred to as lol

Eddieh93

Also had the pegs fitted for a good month and a bit now and they are fine not had any issues in the slightest.

CVSensei

No problem CVSensei.

Here is the link for the foot pegs that I brought paid £28 including P+P
Billet Black Anodized Front Foot Pegs For Yamaha MT-07 13 14 15 | eBay

Trouble with buying the whole rearset is they are about £360!!! Expensive, if your going to get "that bar" powder coated then you could always just take the original rearsets off and powder coat them too. ye I think that would look pretty sweet.

I don't think there is an actual name for "that bar" which it will now be referred to as lol
Thanks mate, you make a very good point I hadn't thought of that. Thing is now I've seen them I've fallen in love with them and won't be happy til they've been fitted :( Plus they're discounted to £220.. I can't resist!! Also the fact that they are fully adjustable with 9 different positions is a serious plus, I don't mind the position as it is but they always seem to get in the way when I'm stationary. And on occasion, the little metal bar under the pegs has got caught in my boot making for a very very sketchy pulling away.

Hahaha I think 'that silver panel' is the technical term ;)

Last edited:

Eddieh93

I know what you mean about "Monkey see, monkey buy" it has got the best of me a few times, I think that will be me next month on payday for either the SC or the Zard.

They are really pretty though aren't they lol

Had that a couple of times my jeans get caught on the peg feelers and nearly fall over but since i have had the aftermarket pegs fitted no such thing also they dont scrape across the floor like the factory ones.

CVSensei

The SC project sounds great but I'm not to keen on the looks Whereas the Zard is breathtaking in every regard..

Just found this Mivv one though that looks like it will shatter glass.. Proper hooligan pipe :D

Eddieh93

Hey you're a poet and you didn't know it haha

Ye just really undecided I need to hear and see both in comparison really, have you fitted yours yet?

That looks pretty sweeet where did you find that one?

CVSensei

You're speaking to Shakespeare 2.0..

A great many call me a hero ;)

Hahaha i'm sorry that was terrible.

No I haven't it will be fitted on the 15th - I'm still at work abroad. If you do go for the Zard will you be going for the optional extras? The black ceramic coating is essential imo :cool:

Found the Mivv on carpimoto.com

Eddieh93

**UPDATE**

I was waiting for a couple more bits but apparently they were next door......doh!

Anyway a radiator guard and some carbon firbe heel plates. I'm not to sure about the carbon fibre heel plates but you can have a look at the other thread for that.

So here are some photos......

IMG_20150701_174941.jpgIMG_20150630_1t92422.jpgIMG_20150630_192442.jpgIMG_20150701_174942.jpg

I didn't leave the heel plates on I'm going to get some opinions because in not 100% sure...

IMG_20150630_185828.jpgIMG_20150701_172301.jpg

...and the radiator guard

IMG_20150701_171517.jpg

Ed