Crash Protection Options?

Whiskeybravo

Novice rider but been driving for 30 years so not a complete idiot and I don't plan on dropping my bike any time soon if at all!

But, just in case, what are the best protection options. I've seen the crash bobbins that fit to the frame and also the engine sliders, are both necessary or is one preferred over the other. Also do the axle protectors do a good job and do the rear ones allow the use of a paddock stand?

Sorry for so many questions but as a noob I need to know these things! :)

Regards,

WB.

Eddieh93

Trust me no one is safe from dropping the bike once its past the point of no return its hard to stop.

I have just the R+G crash protection frame mounts rear and forward axle. I haven't found out yet if that's all I need and like you don't plan too find out any time soon but it cant hurt to have all of it on, however I did read somewhere that the engine sliders don't do an awful lot of protecting so might be a waste of money. In regards to bar end sliders, the original ones aren't real fancy and it will be the least of my worries if I crash so I chose not to buy different ones.

R+G do 2 different types of rear axle sliders for ones that accommodate for a paddock stand and the ones who don't. I brought the ones that can be used for a paddock stand but am still to buy a paddock stand haha.

In my opinion crash protection is a must, I have crashed an old bike before and the repair cost almost made me faint, granted it was a full faired bike and fairings are not cheap!!!

robodene

I have just fitted frame crash bungs and rear spindle thingy (evotech). I have rubber ferrules on bar ends. That should do it, says my not inconsiderable experience of drops. My 'ledge' type paddock fittings will be OK.

bhd

Hi,
thanks for asking the question Whiskybravo, I'm thinking the same way, I don't like decorating the bike with crash protection when I don't intend to drop the thing but see it as a necessary evil, as I know how easy it is to do. (Did the old disk-lock-drop on my old bike 3 or 4 times before I learned my lesson and binned the disk lock :D)

Eddie, have you got any pictures of the axle sliders?

Whiskeybravo

Thanks Eddieh93 for the pictures, that's pretty much what I've settled on after doing a bit more research. Was all that stuff easy to fit?

I also see you have a tail tidy, which brand and how was it to fit?

Cheers,

WB.