Comfort Seat

N1VEN

I have seen the other thread relating to Gel inserts for the original MT-07 seat, but as I'm doing 120 miles a day, the uncomfortable seat situation after 40 mins or so is a problem I'm keen to sort out sooner rather than later and I want a long term solution!

For those riding reasonable distances with the comfort seats, are they worth the money?

Has anyone in the UK successfully managed to alter the original saddle, like the poster that had his altered in Greece?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

sdrio

I can't answer your question directly, but what I can say is that over time, either the saddle or my arse has softened up a bit.

I found it extremely uncomfortable at first. I did a 200 mile day about a month after I got the bike, and could hardly walk afterwards.

Now it isn't such a problem. Like I say, I don't know what has changed, but certainly on my 45 - 60 minute commute, it's not anywhere near as noticeable as it was for the first couple of months. I've had mine for 5 months now, done about 3,200 miles.

sven11

Simillar with me. Check out Bagster seat. Unfortunately I can not order from Croatia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil_B

I dunno, that seat sure does look comfy. Kind of like a v strom seat. If I keep the MT long term I might get one.

xt660isgood2

Only just looked at it, and yes would agree...much comfyness looking. If I was doing loads of miles daily would prob get one. But even with my skinny arse I can live with the stock as only riding for fun.
And as a midget, the slight seat height gain would mean I'd be maybe too high?

Kaff

I'm getting mine probably next week (free of charge for my looooong wait from the dealer). Initially I ranked the MT-07 stock seat one of the worst there is but as time has passed, it's actually not that bad.. I'm still looking forward to the comfort seat, especially for longer trips.

Ralph

The org seat does not feel to bad to me, try a Honda NC that will sort the iron butt's from the boy's,
anyway I am off to Scotland about 350 miles on Fri so will know if I need to do something by the time
I get back, there is by all accounts a place in Preston not sure yet just were that as a quick service
and does a good job I will find out more if I need mine doing.
Gel seats seem to take a little time to settle in or I do one or the other as they seem to get better
over a few rides.

rappetor

I have the Yamaha 'comfort' seat. I say 'comfort' because I don't find it that much more comfortable than the original one. It might be a little bit, but the foam is much much harder.

Took the bike for a 2500km trip (split in 5 days) and in the end I had to take a mini break every 45 minutes because my ass couldn't handle it anymore :)

It looks much better though and is slightly more comfy.. And maybe it's because I'm quite heavy (like 95kg), but if I had known this up front I might not have bought it. I've read from others they do like the seat, so don't just listen to me :)

At the moment my original seat is at a 'saddle maker' (?). He will add other type of foams in the seat and make it a bit higher (more foam). And make the cover just as the Yamaha one. And then I shall sell the Yamaha comfort seat.
So hopefully I end up with a real comfortable seat that also looks great. Will post a pic here once finished somewhere next week.

jeppebm

Interesting. Im only about 70-75 kg and i have much more comfortable ride on highways for say 30-60 minutes if I move my ass back to the wider section. Havent done long trips like most of you guys - but with MY WEIGHT - i can only imagine the comfo seat would be better :).

I guess the feal and experience is different depending on how much we each weigh :).

sdrio

I have the Yamaha 'comfort' seat. I say 'comfort' because I don't find it that much more comfortable than the original one. It might be a little bit, but the foam is much much harder.

Took the bike for a 2500km trip (split in 5 days) and in the end I had to take a mini break every 45 minutes because my ass couldn't handle it anymore :)

It looks much better though and is slightly more comfy.. And maybe it's because I'm quite heavy (like 95kg), but if I had known this up front I might not have bought it. I've read from others they do like the seat, so don't just listen to me :)

At the moment my original seat is at a 'saddle maker' (?). He will add other type of foams in the seat and make it a bit higher (more foam). And make the cover just as the Yamaha one. And then I shall sell the Yamaha comfort seat.
So hopefully I end up with a real comfortable seat that also looks great. Will post a pic here once finished somewhere next week.
I weight about the same as you. I have a double layered sheepskin thing that clips on, which helps a bit, but I suspect without making drastic changes to the look of the bike, we have limited options.

Part of the problem is no support at the back. The seat is flat, so your arse gets pinched under your own weight.

I found even though undignified, it is far more comfortable if you slide right back to where you're pushed up against the raised part of the rear seat. On a long run, 10 minutes of that is as good as stopping for a break.

Igor

Ok nobody laugh but I've been using the cheapest comfy seat method for years now on long rides. I wear padded cycling shorts under my leathers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph

Done it in the passed better get them ready for Scotland on Friday.

Last edited:

robodene

I already have a gel pad in my reshaped MT-03 seat. Now I am experimenting with the addition of neoprene foam for further improvement. It's much more spongy than modern seat foam. I would hope to fit it under the original cover.