Braided Brake LInes

Eddieh93

Has anyone installed braided brake lines?
Was it a pain in the arse?
Is there a massive improvement?
Is it worth it?

Ed

KEVINJSTANLEY

Has anyone installed braided brake lines?
Was it a pain in the arse?
Is there a massive improvement?
Is it worth it?

Ed
hi Edd
I did this swap on my TL 1000 and I felt it was more responsive and appeared a harder braking action, I was told this was due to standard pipe not being firm enough and the braid on braided leader keeps the passage of fluid free of any restrictions.
That said it was easy job, I have not done this on my Cage yet.

Eddieh93

Hi KEVINJSTANLEY,

I understand what they do they stop the brakes from absorbing some of the pressure by expanding by not expanding when pressure is applied, just wondering if anyone has done the mod to the MT and what the change was like.

Gee

Did it on my Bandit and there was a slightly better feel but was it worth the cost? In hindsight probably not. Im happy with the braking performance of the MT as its such a light bike it doesn't need much.

On the other hand......the rear is shit.

D

Deleted member 20

My suggestion is to replace pads first. If you're still not satisfied then possibly consider the lines.
New pads are 1. cheaper, 2. takes ten minutes to replace and 3. improves braking performance and feel much more than new lines will.
Get Brembo SA compound for the front and Brembo SP compound for the rear, I use them and they are excellent.

The complete set (for 3 discs) will only set you back 85 EUR incl shipping from CarpiMoto in Italy.

Road - SA | Pads | Premium | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

Road - SP | Pads | Premium | Motorcycle Brakes Configurator

Brake Pads Brembo 07YA23SA sintered street (1 couple for 1 disk) - Specific for Yamaha MT-07

Brake Pads Brembo 07HO36SP rear sintered street (1 couple for 1 disk): please note Hornet 600 07- and Transalp 700 only ABS models - Specific for Yamaha MT-07

View attachment 2169

Gaz2212

Agree with anders pads do improve performance greatly, but i have done the lines and it makes a massive difference in my opinion. Hel performance lines i used, i am now able to get full braking force quite easily with one finger but there is still plenty of feel on the brakes, definately recommend
Eddie is your bike abs or not

nobull

3rd vote for pads first, I always used SBS RS compounds after years of trying different brands when club racing. Don't last very long but they make a massive difference, standard pads are crap for feel and power by modern aftermarket standards. Hoses will make minimal difference unless your on track and pretty quick (especially given the low power of MT)
I should add Hel customer service & quality is second to none, had some bespoke ones made last year by them, lovely people excellent price (i'll admit that was as much for vanity as performance as it was for a road bike:) )

Last edited:

Eddieh93

Gaz (nice MT by the way) its non ABS didnt think it was worth it when i brought it....still don't, I haven't accidentally skidded on forceful braking once.

I was looking at the HEL ones, £81 for the everything on ebay? Don't really know whether that is good or not never brought any before.

I will invest in some after market brake pads soon and fit and let you know what I think. also to be fair I didn't think the back brake is that bad compared to other bike I have ridden?

Cheers guys.

Gaz2212

Eddie, its a good enough price, Hel did mine foc as they had no pattern but mine is an abs version which was a pain to bleed
non abs will be very simple and is just a three line kit, two for the front and one for the rear
If you contact Hel directly they will sell you a race line kit set up for no extra money, this means you will have 2 hoses to your front brake master cylinder, one running to each front caliper, in theory this is will be better but whether or not you will notice it on the road is debatable, this set up will get rid of the loop from one caliper to the other, if it is marginally better why not

Eddieh93

Cheers Gaz for the recommendation I might just do that.

I will let you know what they say do you notice a big difference?

Gaz2212

I have the abs so with mine I still have the loop over the mudguard but yes once the abs pump had been re-primed and the system bled the braking improved loads in my opinion, I also fitted the Brembo pads that Anders recommended earlier in the thread, only thing I noticed with the brembo pads you do get more brake dust, this is more evident for me because I have white wheels
on another note bike will be for sale this weekend, but that is another thread to start

Eddieh93

Sweet well I'm probably going to do both is it a big job to change them out with the new ones?

Cheers for the input guys.