Aldi bike gear

Ralph

Local Aldi at Garstang lancs have bike gear on offer,
didn't buy anything but did wonder about the Blue
tooth head sets. I do have their boots and they are
ok the gloves don't last long but are cheap.

sdrio

Might have a look.

My wife 'discovered' Aldi about 3 months ago, and thinks it's wonderful. I keep finding oddly named versions of our usual food in the cupboard, but so far it has all been perfectly edible.

I'll ask her if they have bike gear in ours.

Ref gloves - have you ever used handlebar mufflers? I found gloves last way longer if you avoid ever getting them wet. I use mufflers during the winter, and my last pair of £50 half leather/half nylon gloves are still spotless after 3 years. I bought some Goretex ones last year, and now use those if it's raining, and keep the old ones for dry weather.

Ralph

Yep I do have bar muffs and they make a heck of a difference for the price they aint bad
I do about 9000 miles a year so they get a bit of use I have some of their bike jeans
and like them for summer use, they didn't seem ti have any helmets in but I had
one a few years back and found it suited me better than the BMW one I had.
Lidel are likely to have stuff in about the same time so they may be worth a look
too.

bobh

I'm currently using a fabric-two-piece suit that I bought in one of Hein Gericke's closing down sales a couple of years ago. But it's actually a re-badged Crane (Aldi's own brand).

I wouldn't say it's the best kit I've ever had (I have an Alpinestars suit for really cold and wet weather) but as mid-season wear it's very good value.